Michaels Craft Store Coupons

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess this makes up for the Walmarts by me not carrying anything.;)

I guess this makes up for the Walmarts by me not carrying anything.;)

mine here stoped carying them but i talked to the man in charge of this walmart and he said he would get them on order and start stocking them again he said it would be about 2 days so we will see :)

Is that coupon only good for new sign-ups? I'm a member and I checked out the site but couldn't find a coupon. Thanks for your help.

The one I posted about was for new sign ups but it expired. I was thinking of trying to sign up under a different email and my parents address to see if I get more.

That 60% was nice but I just couldn’t get there to capitalize on it.

This is a weird message from Michaels:

We’re sorry. This coupon is no longer available because the viewing limit has been exceeded.

Viewing limit? Michaels has a limit on how many people can view the coupon? We haven't hit the web site in months. Interesting way of limiting how many people can take advantage of a coupon.

Wow, I just was emailed a 50% off coupon from Michaels and noticed it has my email address on it. They're now limiting the amount of views and attaching the recipients emails to the coupe.

That matches up well with my experiences with Michaels

Back when I discovered HobLob coupons, I had already been using coupons for Michaels that I cut out of the Sunday paper. Difference was, HobLob would let you go to their website and print as many as you liked, and Michaels would only accept the coupons cut out of the newspaper. I pointed this out to the store manager at Michaels and he said their corporate guys had deliberately set those rules. It made me wonder just how seriously they wanted to compete in the retail hobby/craft market.

Even after Michaels loosened up and started putting coupons online, they acted goofy about it at my local store. I printed the internet coupon in black-n-white once, and Michael's would not accept it (THEIR OWN COUPON!). And when Michaels announced they would accept competitor's coupons I found out they meant only the ones cut out of the newspaper; if you printed a HobLob coupon from the internet Michaels would not accept it. (But my local HobLob stores accept ANY competitor coupons from ANY source.)

If this kind of behavior is actually being directed from their corporate level then a lot of this begins to make sense. Maybe by doing these things they think they are somehow stopping customers from noticing other craft stores? None of it makes much sense to me, especially in the current economic mess and with all the market pressures to generate as much retail business as possible.

The Michaels stores in my area just don't act like they are seriously in the market to gain my business. They act reluctant, snobby, contentious, and they have cut way back on rocketry kits and supplies. As for me, I just don't go there anymore.

Back