• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Madcow Avalanche

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallace

Reaction score
Have a "spare" Avalanche, bought 2 with the intent of eventually building a 2 stager. Been sitting around long enough to make me realize it ain't gonna happen in this lifetime...Only potential issue is I stupidly used one of the fins for testing an unproven beveling jig so it's not real pretty. Could be saved by straightening it out and scaling the rest to match....Or, I have some .125" canvas phenolic from MAC Perfomance and some .149" Carbon plate that I could cut a new set of fins from, for a price, of course (everything comes with a price, right?) As is, w/1 not so pretty fin = $130 shipped, or if'n you're in the area (Kenosha) stop by and grab it in person, sans shipping fees. Anything else, P.M. me and we'll talk. PayPal would probably be best, but I'm not totally hung up on it.Avalanche.jpg

Last edited:
How thick are the fins that came with the original kit? If they are .125" thick (or more hopefully), I might be able to help you clean up the bevels. I'm just north of you in Franklin, if you want to try to clean these up a bit. It might make the kit more desirable to a buyer.

Please reach out if interested.

Although I'd love to, I know that if I actually start in any way,shape, form or fashion working on it, I'll end up building "something" out of it. I'm already in hot water with the Woman over having WAY TOO MUCH STUFF. Make sense? Fins are an easy fix, and I've offered alternatives. Sooo, that's the best I can do at this time. And of course, without being directly stated, all prices are by their very nature of being posted in a for sale section of a forum, O.B.O. B.t.w. Thanks for the offer.

I could CNC cut some fins for you as replacements, if you'd like.

20191113_121358.jpg 20191113_121416.jpg Carbon plate stock I currently have on hand.

Last edited:
20191113_121454.jpg Canvas Phenoilic plate stock I am in possession of...

Attachments

• 20191113_121454.jpg
    20191113_121454.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Point being: I am not going to build this thing, it is for sale. I currently have a well tuned setup for cutting and beveling fins. I do absolutely appreciate all the offers. Intent was to find it a new home, along with the potential to add some options for "included" fins, which could also allow for cusom designs as long as they fit the constraints of the material I have on hand. I'd even happily sell it finless. Pricing will vary...I'm open to offers/custom design ideas, etc, etc, etc...And, there will probably be more stuff for sale in the near future. "She" has decided that as long as I'm willing to sell the Avalanche, It shouldn't be a problem to get rid of all that other stuff (she used a different S word) also...

Last edited:
That's because the smart kit manufacturers use nesting wherever possible to reduce packaging and shipping costs. In this particular case the nose cone would be the white cylindrical thing stuffed into the black cylindrical thing that is then stuffed into the brown paper wrapped cylindrical thing, all on the lower left of the included pic. I only sliced the bag enough to remove the fins, everything else originally included is still in there...I know these things without having to remove them because as stated earlier, I bought 2 and already built one.

Back