• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MAC Performance Rocketry - 4" Black Fly (Sold)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsitexas

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This item has been Sold, thank you Dave!

For sale is my "as new" MAC Performance Rocketry 4" Black Fly model rocket kit.

This is an exceptionally nice high-precision model rocket kit based on a special phenolic material this vendor uses for his kit. The fit and precision of this kit has to be seen to be believed! Check out the details of this kit at the following link: https://macperformancerocketry.com/collections/4-diameter-rocket-kits/products/copy-of-3-black-fly

Nothing has been started on this Black Fly kit, it is still "as received" from MAC Performance, however, some of the work has already been done for you by the vendor. For example, the high-quality Kevlar shock cord has already been attached to the top bulkhead and the five phenolic fins have already been pre-beveled.

This is the "standard" 4-inch diameter Black Fly kit with the white 5:1 Pinnacle plastic nosecone, it does not include the optional 6:1 Wildman filament wound fiberglass Von Karman nosecone or the HED (head end deploy) option, however, either/both of those can be added if desired for your build. I also did not purchase the Aero Pack RA54P engine retainer at time of kit purchase because this item was out of stock at the time.

As can be seen in the attached photos, this kit comes with a 3-D printed tail cone and five beveled phenolic fins!

The items included in my kit offering and pictured below are the following:

4" MAC Performance Rocketry 4" Black Fly kit (standard)
Nosecone bay kit 4" - 54mm x 7"
4" diameter five fin build jig

Read up about MAC Performance and his kits, they are second to none. The fit and quality of the supplied components is really incredible, everything fits together so well I seriously think you could fly one of his lower powered kits without any using glue during the build!

This "like new" kit plus the two optional items retails for $175.90, it is being offered at $140 (~ 20% discount) which includes mainland USA shipping, insurance and PayPal fees.

Thank you for reviewing my ad and for your consideration!

Best regards,

Keith

Attachments

• BF1.jpg
    BF1.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 0
  • BF2.jpg
    BF2.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 0
  • BF3.jpg
    BF3.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 0
  • BF4.jpg
    BF4.jpg
    471.6 KB · Views: 0
  • BF5.jpg
    BF5.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 0
  • BF6.jpg
    BF6.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 0
  • BF7.jpg
    BF7.jpg
    981.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
MUST RESIST

FWIW I HIGHLY recommend MAC Performance kits. I built a 4" Vilain last winter and it was awesome. If I didn't have so many projects queued up in the pile I would have bought this already.

I hope you sell your kit gsitexas- I love mine; I put a picture below of the one I built.
The MAC Performance Blackfly 4 was the first phenolic tube rocket I did. The canvas tube and bakelite looking fins reminded me of an old steamer trunk that had been around the world. So that's what I finished it as, complete with customs stamps, leather handle (removable) and general art deco theme.
No one ever accused me of not dressing up my rockets.
So I present to you the Frequent Flier.
Everyone should jump on the great deal gsitexas has offered. They can build their own.

IMG_20231110 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I absolutely love this rocket! Dang it, like I need another bird in the roost. Hmm, Thanksgiving is coming, what to cook, fry, serve to the rocket gods, bury in the desert, send to Russia to make room? Nevermind, they are all like children. I've adopted a whole high school of kids. I just wish I got food stamps (motors) for them all. Thx for posting. Very cool bird and concept decoration. Straight smoke and good chutes! Peace.

I hope you sell it - I love mine.
The MAC Performance Blackfly 4 was the first phenolic tube rocket I did. The canvas tube and bakelite looking fins reminded me of an old steamer trunk that had been around the world. So that's what I finished it as, complete with customs stamps, leather handle (removable) and general art deco theme.
No one ever accused me of not dressing up my rockets.
So I present to you the Frequent Flier.
View attachment 615571
So frickin cool! Mad props, brother, nice build. Now I want one, not a good idea with the Viking Princess, but, oh, well. Race enough cars, use enuff air tools, fly enough loud rockets, the hearing goes. Works to my benny. Does the tail cone come with it? My thing. Straight smoke and good chutes. Peace.

For sale is my "as new" MAC Performance Rocketry 4" Black Fly model rocket kit.

This is an exceptionally nice high-precision model rocket kit based on a special phenolic material this vendor uses for his kit. The fit and precision of this kit has to be seen to be believed! Check out the details of this kit at the following link: https://macperformancerocketry.com/collections/4-diameter-rocket-kits/products/copy-of-3-black-fly

Nothing has been started on this Black Fly kit, it is still "as received" from MAC Performance, however, some of the work has already been done for you by the vendor. For example, the high-quality Kevlar shock cord has already been attached to the top bulkhead and the five phenolic fins have already been pre-beveled.

This is the "standard" 4-inch diameter Black Fly kit with the white 5:1 Pinnacle plastic nosecone, it does not include the optional 6:1 Wildman filament wound fiberglass Von Karman nosecone or the HED (head end deploy) option, however, either/both of those can be added if desired for your build. I also did not purchase the Aero Pack RA54P engine retainer at time of kit purchase because this item was out of stock at the time.

As can be seen in the attached photos, this kit comes with a 3-D printed tail cone and five beveled phenolic fins!

The items included in my kit offering and pictured below are the following:

4" MAC Performance Rocketry 4" Black Fly kit (standard)
Nosecone bay kit 4" - 54mm x 7"
4" diameter five fin build jig

Read up about MAC Performance and his kits, they are second to none. The fit and quality of the supplied components is really incredible, everything fits together so well I seriously think you could fly one of his lower powered kits without any using glue during the build!

This "like new" kit plus the two optional items retails for $175.90, it is being offered at $140 (~ 20% discount) which includes mainland USA shipping, insurance and PayPal fees.

Thank you for reviewing my ad and for your consideration!

Best regards,

Keith
Kieth, mark it pending. I need your PayPal or whatever. Not home right now. Will get back Thursday. Broke small bone in right hand racking a bird at Havoc. Looks like long nite at urgent care. Pm me here or "[email protected]" straight smoke and good chutes. Peace. -dave-

So frickin cool! Mad props, brother, nice build. Now I want one, not a good idea with the Viking Princess, but, oh, well. Race enough cars, use enuff air tools, fly enough loud rockets, the hearing goes. Works to my benny. Does the tail cone come with it? My thing. Straight smoke and good chutes. Peace.
Hi Dave, yes, the 3-D printed tail cone is included in the kit. MAC Performance recommends using an Aero Pack RA54P engine retainer along with the 3-D printed tail cone.

Hi Dave, yes, the 3-D printed tail cone is included in the kit. MAC Performance recommends using an Aero Pack RA54P engine retainer along with the 3-D printed tail cone.
Thx! I bit the bullet and need his payment method. Good looking and I love the clever name. Straight smoke and good chutes! Peace. -fyrwrxz

Thx! I bit the bullet and need his payment method. Good looking and I love the clever name. Straight smoke and good chutes! Peace. -fyrwrxz
Thank you Dave, I sent you my PayPal address via PM on this forum and to the e-mail address you provided.

Please let me know if you did not receive.

Back