Launch Magazine #5

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by akpilot
Okay, what's the scoop, people in Australia and other parts of the U.S. have got their copies, but as for me . . . noooooo.

So here I am sitting fairly middle in the U.S., and no magazine yet. You'd think I'd get my copy within relation to everyone else.
akpilot, I haven't received mine yet either, and I'm in Houston.

Originally posted by JRThro
akpilot, I haven't received mine yet either, and I'm in Houston.

Haven't got mine yet, either (as of 5/2/07):( :mad:

Originally posted by akpilot
Okay, what's the scoop, people in Australia and other parts of the U.S. have got their copies, but as for me . . . noooooo.

So here I am sitting fairly middle in the U.S., and no magazine yet. You'd think I'd get my copy within relation to everyone else.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, I haven't gotten mine either.

Mario

Originally posted by tonypv
Haven't gotten mine yet.
I seam to get my copy later than most. :(
Yours is probably on the same wagon train as mine.

We seem to get them about the same time, which is at least a week after everyone else.

Originally posted by BobH48

We seem to get them about the same time, which is at least a week after everyone else.

Everyone else except me. ;) Our local p.o. is notoriously slow. I once sent a card to my Grandma across town (population, 20,000) and it arrived four days later.

That's about par for course here too! I once(and only once did I ever do this) sent a letter across town..It took 7(yes 7(seven!)) days to be delivered! Seems our 'local' mail goes to Savannah, about 40 miles from here, to get processed, postmarked, etc, then sent back down here! But this was a couple of years ago, and since then I have heard they don't do that anymore..But, still, if I have correspondence going across town I hand deliver it :)

Originally posted by Fishhead
Everyone else except me. ;) Our local p.o. is notoriously slow. I once sent a card to my Grandma across town (population, 20,000) and it arrived four days later.

Originally posted by BobH48

A pretty slow one at that. :rolleyes:

I got my copy today. When I started looking through it I got a feeling of Deja Vu - it was like I had seem a lot of this stuff before.... :D

Mario

Last issue never showed up after everybody here and other forums started reported arrivals. I emailed and got a reply that they had a new supplier and experienced distribution problems. My replacement copy showed up 4 days later--cool although about 2 weeks late.

So I see issues are showing up in Australia:confused: If I have to write for another replacement issue, I am going to be really upset.

I picked a copy at Barnes and Noble. Cool magazine, I may have to subscribe.

I have to say though that "motor vs. engine" article kind of goes nowhere, just like just about any motor vs. engine discussion I've ever seen. :)

Originally posted by Fishhead

Wow, I live in Houston and someone mailed me something yesterday from clear across town and the suburbs and I got it today. Bigger cities are faster with the mail I guess.

Well, I am sitting here in Fort Worth, you know, the place west of Dallas that doesn't get mentioned in the same breathe? Most people see DFW and think Dullest. Not that this Ohio boy is bitter...
Fort Worth, where the West begins and the East peters out!

No Launch #5 magazine. No Sport Rocketry magazine. No current issue of Aviation WEEK! The latter sometimes takes up to two weeks to show up. So much for the Post Offices in large American cities.

But, hey, am I bitter? Yes, yes I am bitter...

Might as well be in Australia. At least the beer is good.

Mates, you need to try Rahr Beer out of Fort Worth. Stormcloud (German) IPA.
We get Fosters out of Canada...

Did I mention...bitters?

Chas

Geez, postman Pat finally got around to delivering MY copy. Of course, it would be waiting in my mail box after getting home... Had lunch with a great crowd at the Mojave Airport/Spaceport/Civilian Test Flight Center after the Intermidiate Space Challenge. Golly it was cool to meet Dick Rutan :) Hehehehehe. I'll put some words in resonable sequence and see if I can twist Mr. Mayfield's arm into printing the article. I had a nice chat with Congressman Kevin McCarthy who is very enthusiastic about using rocketry in education. The congressman took the time to fly to the event in support. He is now aware that the BATFE is trying to turn us lot into criminals. I'll drop him an email so he doesn't forget to look into the issue as promised.

More on the event later (maybe in Launch). Better get that subscription in before the next issue.

Next weekend is the Regolith Excavation Challenge that I'll be covering. Buckets of fun.

JPL Open house on the 19th and 20th and capping off the month with the Tripoli Vegas Ex launch out by ... ssshhhhhh, Area 51. Should be fun with the 100,000' waiver.

I'm bummed that I'll miss TARC and Dairy Aire. I want a Dairy Aire T-Shirt, they're hilarious!

Busy month.

Check out the California Space Authority web site. https://www.californiaspaceauthority.org/

See the Intermidiate Space Challenge web site at: https://216.69.164.157/isc/

Ken "Spray and Pray Photography School" Brown

My copy o' Launch #5 arrived yesterday, here in Milwaukee on the shores o' Lake Michigan... :)

Needless to say, it was completely consumed by bedtime last night. :D

Very nice job on the Grissom article, Mario. I think I'll take a detour on the way to NSL and visit the memorial.

Kudos to the other contributors, as well, and, obviously, the others on the LAUNCH team. Keep up the good work!

Above subtitle says it all: 5/8/07. Now gotta get reading!

Okay, that's it! I'm moving to Australia so I can get my copy earlier in the shipping cycle. ;)

Mine came on the fast boat this time.....we had been camping all last week and when I picked up the mail on Monday...it was there.:D

Originally posted by tonypv
Still waiting too. :(
I got mine yesterday so the pony express must have gone through here first.

Still have yet to receive mine, which is a bit surprising / frustrating, given that, on earlier issues, I was among the first to get it. :(

Originally posted by kenobi65
Still have yet to receive mine, which is a bit surprising / frustrating, given that, on earlier issues, I was among the first to get it. :(

Yea, same here . . .

SpRocketry showed up Sat, so I was reallllllly hoping to see Launch by Mon or Tues. No joy...but then this afternoon....yippee!

We need to petition the Pony Express to start feeding their horses "the good stuff" rather than low octane hay.

Amen on moving to Oz to get the mag sooner! Kangaroos must be better mail carriers:D

Back