John Pursley injured in an accident

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tab28682

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just got the word that John Pursley was injured in a motorcycle-car accident this morning. It was serious enough that he was immediately transported from the Fort Worth area to Methodist Hospital in Dallas for the best possible care for pretty serious injury.

John is roommates with my best friend Richard Ng, who is now en route to Methodist Hospital to see how he is.

Will update when possible.

Please keep John in your thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:
There are two types of motorcycle riders. Those who have had a serious accident and those that will. I had a friend who got side swiped on I95 and was never the same. Sorry, but there's not enough between you and the road.

Bummer.
Lets hope he gets back on the feet quickly.
Everyone I know who has been in a motorcycle accident that required an ambulance ride, was, unfortunately, in for a long recovery.

Glad to hear he is recovering!
Great guy only met him once. Thanks to John, I got my rocket on the cover of American space modeler!
So yeah all the best to him!

John is stable in the hospital, but it will be a long time before he is able to get back to normal.

His store is still up on eBay, but since he is in the hospital, there is no way he can process orders. Do not order from his store until he lets you know he is back in operation.

John is stable in the hospital, but it will be a long time before he is able to get back to normal.

His store is still up on eBay, but since he is in the hospital, there is no way he can process orders. Do not order from his store until he lets you know he is back in operation.

Richard,

Unless John temporarily "suspends" his eBay account, he is in peril of receiving a lot of Negative Feedback from Buyers that are unaware of his situation.

Is there any way to get that message to him ?

Dave F.

John is in no shape to do anything about Ebay at the moment. Richard NG is working with Ebay to do whatever can be done.

Last edited:
I saw the Accur8 Products feedback page and the negative reviews posted, but the last customer to post gave positive feedback and let everyone know that John had been in a motorcycle accident and that John had perfect feedback until the accident.

I contacted eBay last night and made them aware of John's situation and asked that they shut down his store. Just checked and it is still up, so they haven't done it yet.

I started a new thread concerning John's situation and Accur8 Products in Product and Vendor Reviews here:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/accur8-products-is-closed.163438/

John is in no shape to do anything about Ebay at the moment. Richard any is working with Ebay to do whatever can be done.

I figured that John could get someone to act as a "proxy", either to fill orders or to suspend his items on eBay, until John recovers.

Has anyone heard anything more specific about John's injuries ? I am praying for him !

Dave F.

John ran his operation as a one man show and did not make provisions for it to continue without him.

I have contacted eBay to let them know what happened and asked them to close his store and started the Accur8 Products is Closed thread mentioned in post 16. I will post updates in that thread if anything changes.

John ran his operation as a one man show and did not make provisions for it to continue without him.

I have contacted eBay to let them know what happened and asked them to close his store and started the Accur8 Products is Closed thread mentioned in post 16. I will post updates in that thread if anything changes.

As of tonight, John's eBay listings are still active . . .

https://www.ebay.com/sch/johnpursley/m.html?item=322043260970

Dave F.

Given that the person working with Ebay to get the site turned off is not John, it could easily take several days for Ebay to react, assuming that Ebay even agrees to do so, based on information supplied by a third party.

@les posted this to YORF earlier today:
Saw this on Facebook

An update on John Pursley:

Would love to be able to give you good news, but unfortunately not so much this time.

On Christmas Eve day, the hospital thought John had made some progress, and removed the ventilator and permitted some walking. Unfortunately not long afterwards, John's heart stopped and he coded. The staff resuscitated him and he is now back full time on the ventilator.

There may be some previously undiscovered heart damage, but that is not confirmed.

John could really use your prayers right now.
Scary stuff. Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.

Not steal post but WI rocketeers lost a great guy a few weeks ago in a cycle accident. He was Curtis Jackson. He was involved with Rockets for Schools and early days of MWP launches. Plus still flew with groups all over. He will be missed forsure. Some of you may have known him.

Not steal post but WI rocketeers lost a great guy a few weeks ago in a cycle accident. He was Curtis Jackson. He was involved with Rockets for Schools and early days of MWP launches. Plus still flew with groups all over. He will be missed forsure. Some of you may have known him.
I hadn't heard. That's sad. Curt was a great friend to this hobby.
Brad

Without going into too much in the way of details, to respect his privacy, John is dealing with some significant challenges to his recovery. No way at this time to get any passwords from him.

Johns close friends and family are still working on the problem, but no way to tell how much time it will take to resolve this situation.

Please keep sending good thoughts and prayers his way.

Without going into too much in the way of details, to respect his privacy, John is dealing with some significant challenges to his recovery. No way at this time to get any passwords from him.

Johns close friends and family are still working on the problem, but no way to tell how much time it will take to resolve this situation.

Please keep sending good thoughts and prayers his way.

You have a PM.

Dave F.

Back