• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Honest John Kits (Centuri, Cox, Etc.)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Les, I so appreciate the offer. However, in the back of my mind was the thought that I did indeed order one, and they went out of stock right after. Your offer made me check, and I did receive it. I have ordered so many kits over the last few months, I have completely lost track. I have been looking at it on the website, and would have ordered another one if it had become available. It might be time to inventory the build pile. It is also true that there are a plethora of paint schemes for it, so an extra HoJo wouldn't have to be bad. 🤪 :goodjob: :music1: 🤪

eRockets just posted three new kits from New Way Rockets, who are famous for their square kit designs. A year or so ago, I wrote to the company begging them to release an Honest John kit--wish granted!

https://www.erockets.biz/newway-flying-model-rocket-kit-honest-john-nwy-34/

HoJo's are too hip to be square--but I don't mind this fun interpretation of America's first nuclear rocket. Now gotta finish it up in time for HoJo Day (June 29th) just in time to celebrate the 69th anniversary of the weapon.

New Way Rockets Honest John.png

Note the cool details on the New Way Honest John kit--like the spin jets visible on the nose cone, and the stencil on the warhead.

On the fence about replacing the decal on the body, leaving it off entirely (which would be accurate for the white test round paint scheme) or changing the paint scheme to something else entirely.

Obviously this isn't a scale model, it's a fun one...so the Honest John stencil is entirely appropriate.

I'll likely order more of them after the first two builds so that I can have several different paint scheme options. This thing would look great with the reddish-orange test round paint scheme often flown at White Sands.

Maybe have some "square" air brakes printed to attach to one of these and make a "Demi John" version too. That would be really cool!

Bump. Still looking to buy Honest John Kits or well-built examples. Especially want the US Models, Public Enemy, Centuri, and early Estes K-27 versions.

I'm a huge collector/builder of anything related to the Honest John Missile. While my collection of these rockets is pretty large, there are still several that I'm looking for. Willing to pay any reasonable price, and perhaps some that are not reasonable--just don't tell my wife.

Centuri #KC-25 (will consider well built versions as well.)
Cox Honest John (Rocket or Starter Set) Kit 5050
Public Enemy Honest John
Estes Kit #27 (1966-1979)

If you have any of these, and are willing to part with them, please send me a message. Love those HoJo's!
I've been desperate to find a Cox Honest John ever since I can remember, it must be 40 years since I've seen one.If anyone has any information where I can find one Please get back to me as soon as possible!You can reach me here: [email protected].

Two recent builds awaiting primer and paint.
SBR Li'l HoJo and Boyce Aerospace all plastic 1/24 HoJo.
(Correction, the SBR needs the spin rocket housings and motor bands to be glued on, THEN filler, primer and paint).
0330210904[1].jpg

The Boyce product is modelled after the Cox HoJo with "minor changes to facilitate 3D printing".
The SBR nose cone had deep ruts that had to be filled.
Laters.

Last edited:
Back