Hobbylinc and AT

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... And their response?

The guy I spoke to mentioned that they may not be doing business with the manufacturer anymore? That's when I suggested that they carry Rouse Tech. I was like why? They carry their kits and everything else.

The main reason Hobbylinc does not have AT hardware is that AFAIK AT no longer makes the hardware and RouseTech exclusively does..Has been for a couple of years..Maybe even longer

Hobbylinc has the 24/40 and the 24/60 in stock and the web site says the 29/40-120 will be available in early May. So I'm not sure what the OP is referring to. If it's the non-availability of the 18/20 case, it seems like Hobbylinc quit carrying this; I don't know if AT still makes it or not.

AFAIK "not in stock due date unknown" means just what it says. If Hobbylinc decides to quit carrying something they usually say "Discontinued, no longer available for purchase" or something like that. I'd be more inclined to blame their recent stocking shortage for reloads on AT than Hobbylinc; from what I've heard AT is running behind on shipments to all vendors.

AT never did make hardware. I assure you that for the time being they still supply the good ole black AT hobby line cases, to whom ever needs/sell/gives them away. No matter where it comes from.[but the answer is self fulfilling]:surprised:

Well Valuerockets still has all of the hobby motors in stock if you don't mind paying retail.

The 18/20 motor is getting harder to find. I have to assume it's do to a lack of popularity. So much for new loads for this case.:(

Well Valuerockets still has all of the hobby motors in stock if you don't mind paying retail.

The 18/20 motor is getting harder to find. I have to assume it's do to a lack of popularity. So much for new loads for this case.:(
\

Actually I just placed an order with Red Arrow Hobbies for the Rouse-Tech 29/40-120 complete hardware. $40 plus shipping. Not bad price. I decided not to go with the 18 and 24's. I'll use black powder with those rockets. I would probably lose site of them anyway. Then I'm out the hardware too!

\

Actually I just placed an order with Red Arrow Hobbies for the Rouse-Tech 29/40-120 complete hardware. $40 plus shipping. Not bad price. I decided not to go with the 18 and 24's. I'll use black powder with those rockets. I would probably lose site of them anyway. Then I'm out the hardware too!

Nice! You'll have years of fun with that motor.

Nice! You'll have years of fun with that motor.

Just trying to be practical. Not going to fly many LPR and if I do I will only on BP motors, so why spend the extra $$. I have a lot of choices with the 29 reload.

Just went over to A2Z and they seemed to be pretty well stocked in Aerotech mid power loads. They even have the defunct G71 R still in stock. Might have to add some to my stash of G76's and G64s.

Just went over to A2Z and they seemed to be pretty well stocked in Aerotech mid power loads. They even have the defunct G71 R still in stock. Might have to add some to my stash of G76's and G64s.

Not sure if anyone else has had this experience with A-Z. I remember awhile back I placed an ordered and it was 3 weeks and still nothing was shipped. I ended up calling the site and canceled my order.

Maybe they were short handed?

Be sure to call Red Arrow, or you might be doing that again. I've gotten a lot of good deals from them, but if something is out of stock, they won't let you know unless you call them. I always call my order in to them.

I don't know whose making the hobbyline stuff now, but I received a 29-40/120 recently from hobbylinc that was pretty shabby. Poor surface finish of the material itself and dull shoddy anodizing. Hope it don't blow up.

Be sure to call Red Arrow, or you might be doing that again. I've gotten a lot of good deals from them, but if something is out of stock, they won't let you know unless you call them. I always call my order in to them.

I did email Dave before I placed the order and he verified that the Rouse Tech case was in stock and also after the order I sent him a follow up email..

My not so local hobby shop has the Hobbyline 29/40-120 motor cases in stock at around list price. The onsite vendor had a RouseTech Hobbyline as well in the cool blue/silver colors.

They are out there.

I don't know whose making the hobbyline stuff now, but I received a 29-40/120 recently from hobbylinc that was pretty shabby. Poor surface finish of the material itself and dull shoddy anodizing. Hope it don't blow up.

Wow makes me feel better I ordered elsewhere now...

My not so local hobby shop has the Hobbyline 29/40-120 motor cases in stock at around list price. The onsite vendor had a RouseTech Hobbyline as well in the cool blue/silver colors.

They are out there.

Which LHS is this?

Hobby Town on Galleria Blvd. on the other side of the freeway (65) from the Mimi's Restaurant where we had our club meeting Saturday.

I went over there after the meeting and checked out all the new Estes mid power motors and such. They also had 29mm hobbyline cases and 24mm cases. Most of the popular mid power reloads as well.

This is the only hobby shop in our general area that stocks such items routinely.

Yeah that's the place ... they had casings but not a great selection of reloads for either the 24 or 29 last time I went in.

Back