Gore DXF generator file. (Automatic parachute designer)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinsCaune

Reaction score
When designing parachutes on your own, the process can be quite challenging. That's why I've developed a manual along with a program that generates DXF files for the gores intended for laser cutting. Currently, it's tailored for hemispherical parachute designs featuring a small spill hole.

I welcome any feedback you may have. While I'm not a parachute expert and don't possess years of experience, my aim is to simplify the experience for new parachute designers.

This is the github link to the program: https://github.com/martinscaune/Parachute-DXF-Generator

What programs use DXF files?

I would much prefer a text file list of Inches to the edge of the gore from CL about every inch for chutes 48" and smaller and every 2" for chutes larger than 48". That way I could do a quick layout on a folded piece of paper, unfold it, mark and cut a pattern from 3/16" mdf sheet as my pattern. I looking for patterns for chutes 5 ft. to 12 ft. diameters. Anything smaller I usually buy because the time and effort to make them vs. cost is pretty even in my eyes.

Also patterns for elliptical chutes would be preferred over hemi by me. Same Cd with less fabric for smaller packing.

Thanks...

What programs use DXF files?

I would much prefer a text file list of Inches to the edge of the gore from CL about every inch for chutes 48" and smaller and every 2" for chutes larger than 48". That way I could do a quick layout on a folded piece of paper, unfold it, mark and cut a pattern from 3/16" mdf sheet as my pattern. I looking for patterns for chutes 5 ft. to 12 ft. diameters. Anything smaller I usually buy because the time and effort to make them vs. cost is pretty even in my eyes.

Also patterns for elliptical chutes would be preferred over hemi by me. Same Cd with less fabric for smaller packing.

Thanks...
CNC and laser cutters can use them.

Latest posts

Back