GDSCR - Gas Dynamic Stabilization Cluster Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"as intended" Can we really use this term with a straight face?

I am just kidding, of course. The reason I wonder is the need for a spin can due to roll reversal on the active stabilization rocket by Jim Jarvis.

I think the gas stabilization will result in a straight up line, followed by a Lomcovák type maneuver at apogee.

"as intended" Can we really use this term with a straight face?

I am just kidding, of course. The reason I wonder is the need for a spin can due to roll reversal on the active stabilization rocket by Jim Jarvis.

I think the gas stabilization will result in a straight up line, followed by a Lomcovák type maneuver at apogee.

Well, if the GDS works successfully, and the Lomcovák maneuver happens at apogee... the battle has been won.

I am betting on roll reversal due to the deflection of air over the pods, if anyone is keeping score. 🤓
Could be tested by a three part harness to a single cord to nose cone tip, attached to blow dryer and dangling vertically nose up. A swivel wouldn’t hurt.

@jqavins and @Rschub .... It's an exhibition, not a competition.

Please, no wagering.

LOL
Wagering will invite only scum and villainy, turning the launch into a South East Asian style madhouse we often see on YouTube. We must stay on the straight and narrow path and not be tempted by the worldly pleasures of the dark side. PURE SCIENCE! THIS IS THE WAY. ;)

you said you are in Colorado by the Continental Divide. Hope those rain forecasts turn favorable so you can get out of the burn bans and we can see some of these birds in action!

Recovery Bulkhead

Using a formed metal wire from a spring clip.​
Bulkhead is 1/4" plywood, sanded down to 3/16" th., with a 3/16" hole.​
A 3/16" poplar dowel (which will be cut off once the glue dries.​
001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

Last edited:
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back