FlisKits: Stingray (tentative name)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by slim_t
This may be a dumb question, but does this mean you have enough to ship more than the pre-orders? I mean, can I order one now? I didn't place a pre-order.

Thanks,

Tim

Not a dumb question at all. Yes, we have more than just to cover pre-orders. The kit is shipping. Order all you want, we'll make more :D

DON - Yours shipped this afternoon :)

CWHITTAK - Yep, I am planning on being at the CMASS launch and will have a full store, including the Stingray. Plus I'll have one to fly too so you can see it in action :)

jim

Nice rocket ! When will these be available to buy?
-Karl

oh! Karl!

These are available *now*

Been shipping for a couple of days now, so come on over and order yerself one! :D

Mine showed up Thursday morning. I think I ordered it Monday evening or Tuesday morning. Anyway I have number 12,( with the NSL wrap) and also ordered the Maelstrom wrap. I guess once the numbered ones are all sold I'll order another and put the NSL wrap on it. Nice looking kit. I see the typo was fixed, 8.22" fin span sounds a whole lot better than the 48.22" fin span.:D ......Larry

yea, 48"... had to take the ruler out again and check *that* one... :p

For those who missed it, until Larry pointed it out, I had the Fin Span at 48.22"... and I haven't even *started* an upscale yet... :D

The letter that came packaged in mine referenced an A.C.M.E. Spitfire that was included (I hadn't ordered one, and none was included), but I was too excited to have gotten #5 to worry about the mix-up in a letter... I knew what Jim meant!

WW

LOL yea, when I typed up the first letter I put:

- Spitfire with complimentary NSL Wrap Kit, or some such thing....

then cut-n-paste took over befor I realized I put "Spitfire" instead of "Stingray"....

Wish I had done that about 2 months earlier though... ...cuz NSL-ACME skins would have been incredible! LOL

jim

My letter also said Spitfire:confused: I figured I couldn't make this one that crooked.:D ...........Larry

Just received my two kits (#20 and #29) in today's mail. They look beautiful! Now I just have to find/make time to work on them...

I won't mention all that's in my "to build" stack or Jim might despair of ever hearing about one of mine.

Thanks for the quick service, Jim!

Available now...NOW???!!! DANG!!! I missed it...Put mine in a bag for Whitakers Jim, I cant believe I missed this one...

Bumm'in...

Carl

whoops!

SOmeone pointed out an error in the standoff for the launch lug on the Stingray.

Attached is a drawing that will provide you with the correct standoff pattern and the standoff/lug assembly.

jim

I picked up my StingRay today... #7. I called him the night it came out... did I say night? Maybe I shoulda waited for morning.. but when thinking about rockets... you know... time does not mean a thing... :D

Back