FlisKits Espresso (tentative name) NSL-2005 Anniversary Kit!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
FlisKits will soon be announcing an NSL-2005 Anniversary Kit to commemorate this years National Sport Launch!

In an agreement with the coordinators of this national event, FlisKits will be producing an anniversary kit and providing their organization with several of these kits for the NSL event.

We wanted to come up with something that would be fun and easy to build, a bit on the different side and as large as we could justify... ...the result was the "Espresso"

We are still not sure of the name (Jen hates it... :) ), so we're still chewing on that. But in the mean time, here are a couple of pictures of this very interesting 13mm model that we hope to release in conjunction with NSL-2005 in early May.

Here is an end view showing the 13mm motor tube in the BT-50 motor core tube (this is rear ejection)

Balsawood fins (cut-yer-own) and streamer recovery.

We expect the price to be in the neighborhood of $6.95

That's my pup Snowy in the background (she's my sweety) and that is the tail end of a Decaffeinator along side the Espresso

In the previous picture, we have Maggie on the left (Springer and my *fav* pup) and Einstien (Cocker) on the right.

More details as they become available!
jim

Those are cool do ya hot glue them? If so I need to go shoping be fore I get one

Well, Jim... It's official - you are definitely one sick pup! ;)

Very cute!

Greg

Originally posted by gpoehlein
Well, Jim... It's official - you are definitely one sick pup! ;)

Very cute!

Greg

well, duhhhhhhhh

:p

Frankly, I think that's one of the things that's been missing from this hobby for a while.... (think Spaceman, Goony Birds, Sputnik and Birdie)...

Heck, I finished this prototype (the cups just came in yesterday and I didn't have any dimensions so I couldn't do anything till then) and looked at it and held it in my hands... I had considered this as the NSL kit but didn't want to commit until I actually *held* one...

...yea I got the best job on the planet :)

More fun and exciting things coming too, so stay tuned!
jim

OK then Im going shoping and I still think that is SO cool but I will warn ya Im collecting the 44oz cups for a 29mm upscale:D

Originally posted by Bowhunter
OK then Im going shoping and I still think that is SO cool but I will warn ya Im collecting the 44oz cups for a 29mm upscale:D

I realize that Jim couldn't sell cups with someone else's logo on it (I have to wonder if Jim checked into having FlisKits logos printed on the cups...???) but cloning/upscaling/downscaling the design with cups from (possibly different) other businesses would be a pretty cool, uh, "paint" scheme, no?

We've looked into it and came within a hairs breath of getting printed cups. We voted against it due mainly to timing issues and storage space (minimum purchase is 50,000 cups)

Also, I got to thinking that printed cups *may* reduce the imaginative finishing jobs... :)

The subject of printed cups is still on the table. If we go with them it will not affect the price of the kit.

jim

Originally posted by jflis
Also, I got to thinking that printed cups *may* reduce the imaginative finishing jobs... :)

The only way to finish the cups is either use magic markers or coat the tubes (with something like white glue) so that paint can be used, no?

Jim,

One vote here for printed cups.

:D :D :D

Make that two votes (I just voted for my daughter, too) ;)

Jim,
What about using paper wraps that can be glued on. You could have them available for download on your website. That way you could make multiple designs and the builder can choose whatever design they wanted and simply print them out.

Kevin

Jim
Printed cups w/Fliskits logo would be nice but I'd settle for a pdf. download file in color so I could print the logos out on Avery Labels #8165. maybe in different sizes for different size cups . And must HAVE
" Aim for the sky, and try not to miss! ":D

BAR
John

Another possibility is a paper "sleeve" like the big unnamed west coast coffee chain uses. Create one with the Fliskits logo and glue it on the "nose cone".

Greg

Originally posted by KevinK
Jim,
What about using paper wraps that can be glued on. You could have them available for download on your website. That way you could make multiple designs and the builder can choose whatever design they wanted and simply print them out.

Kevin

This weekend I will be uploading a number of custom graphics that can be printed on lable paper and applied to the Decaffeinator. One of them *will* be a shroud with our logo to fit these particular cups (see attached image sample) I will do something similar with the Espresso kit as well

All of these are great ideas. Keep 'em coming! :) I also like the idea of printed cups and am sure that it will happen sooner rather than later (at least for the 16oz cups in the Decaffeinator).

Ok, possible idea for a new name: "Jo-to-go" or "Jo t'go" Thoughts??

jim

oh, by the by, when I attended the TARC launch today with CMASS I got to fly the prototype of the Espresso.

Perfect flights on 1/2A and A motors. She looks great in the air too! (sorry, no pix. I couldn't get my camera to focus on a white rocket with snow as a background...)

Where else are you going to get a 26" tall rocket with a fin span of 8 or so inches that flies on 1/2A motors????

way kewl
jim

Hey Jim,
I'll be at the NSL launch in May, you need a prototype of the "Expresso- 1B" (w/cream & sugar) to show off? Maybe prototype is not the right word but I think you know what I mean.

You need to flip the logos around. The way you have it, the logo will be upside down on the cup when its not spilling coffee ;)

Very clever, but I'm sorry to say that the only thing I ever drink out of those cups are tea and hot cocoa.

I was going to suggest Little Tea-ser but when I did on a search on that name plus rocket, the results were...well...not family friendly at all. :eek:

How about Hot Rockalate or Hot Rockalet?

Back