FlisKits: Nantucket Sound

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim--here's a tip--see about making a decent batch of these and offering it as an optional adder to the kit, maybe in the $2 range.

--Chan Stevens

I had considered this however my local printer can only run #90 stock through their 11 X 17 printer too... I have checked with other places, but it looks like #110 and larger stock in that size is a very custom job (meaning far more expensive...)

And I did! Yesterday!

Along with an ACME Spitfire and a Triskelion!

Those are, btw, the first, second, and third kits I've ever purchased from Fliskits. (Sorry it took so long, Jim!) :eek:

Not a problem :) Your order shipped out today...

...and I doubt very much if it will be your last :)

jim

Not a problem :) Your order shipped out today...

...and I doubt very much if it will be your last :)

jim

The mind control devices built into the nosecones will see to it that you'll be buying bulk packs for 'educational purposes' in no time. ;)

My wife picked up my Fliskits order at the post office yesterday, even though after the mailman left a notice in our mailbox last Friday, she told him on Monday to leave the box on our porch on Tuesday if she wasn't home.

Those guys never even try to deliver parcels, or anything that requires a delivery confirmation.

Jim, the box was in perfect shape and so were the three kits inside, the Nantucket Sound, Triskelion, and ACME Spitfire.

My boys (6, 9, and 12 years old) really liked the look of all three of them. They got pretty excited about the ACME Spitfire and wondered how, and why, it looks the way it does. I hope I can do it justice when I build it.

Last edited:
My wife picked up my Fliskits order at the post office yesterday, even though after the mailman left a notice in our mailbox last Friday, she told him on Monday to leave the box on our porch on Tuesday if she wasn't home.

Those guys never even try to deliver parcels, or anything that requires a delivery confirmation.

Jim, the box was in perfect shape and so were the three kits inside, the Nantucket Sound, Triskelion, and ACME Spitfire.

My boys (6, 9, and 12 years old) really liked the look of all three of them. They got pretty excited about the ACME Spitfire and wondered how, and why, it looks the way it does. I hope I can do it justice when I build it.

You're going to love all 3 of those rockets, I assure you of that :)

Have fun and keep us posted!
jim

Am sure you will do fine on the builds John! I mean, shoot, look at how my ACME Spitfire turned out!:eek:
AcmeSpitfire006.jpg

Then again, that was 'on purpose'...I am sure you will really like the build..It IS a tad challenging getting the cuts right on the tubes and those centering rings...lol..ENJOY!

I haven't opened the bag yet, but I bet they're more like OFF-centering rings!
:D

Got me! Yeah, come to think of it, they ARE indeed OFF-center rings!:D The hole the BT50 goes thru sure ain't in the center of ANY of the rings..

Am sure you will do fine on the builds John! I mean, shoot, look at how my ACME Spitfire turned out!:eek:

Then again, that was 'on purpose'...I am sure you will really like the build..It IS a tad challenging getting the cuts right on the tubes and those centering rings...lol..ENJOY!
Wow, Jon - you really nailed that paint job! And I mean that sincerely! Is that rust on bottom edge of the lowest BT section, just above the fin can? And were you able to add in any "body rot" anywhere?

It looks like a "Dear Leader" special! :D

MarkII

Jim:
A skin to simulate the Assateague Island light house would sure be a delight for my niece....and maybe get her flying again;)

Nantucket Sound is a very Nifty Kit.

Jim:
A skin to simulate the Assateague Island light house would sure be a delight for my niece....and maybe get her flying again;)

Nantucket Sound is a very Nifty Kit.
John, and Jim,

I was thinking of doing mine like the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, since that's the only lighthouse I've ever been to.
https://www.lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=356

I actually made the trip to visit a (former) girlfriend and to visit the Wright Brothers Memorial, but the side trip to Cape Hatteras was worth it.

Time permitting, I would like to do BOTH of these lighthouses as I came across them as I researched the Nantucket Sound design. May not be this weekend, but soon, so keep watch :)

I just LOVE the Cape Hatteras light and the top of that one does look a bit like the Nantucket Sound too :)

A few years ago Kathy and I set about visiting every covered bridge in New Hampshire. It took us two years and was a great excuse to get out of the house every once in a while.

Now we are contemplating visiting every lighthouse in Maine (and perhaps all of New England) starting this or next year. Should be fun :)

jim

Now we are contemplating visiting every lighthouse in Maine (and perhaps all of New England) starting this or next year. Should be fun :)

As long as you're at it, you shouldn't consider the visits complete until you fly every lighthouse you visit!

-Kevin

I just LOVE the Cape Hatteras light

I'm gonna have to get one to make into a Hatteras light. One of my other hobbies is surfing. Back in college me an my buddies use to chase the tropical storms and hurricanes up the coast. We would usually end our trip at Hatteras. We'd camp out right up from the light and surf out in front of it all day. Ahh, those were the days!

Here are the lighthouses that I know so well. There was a big effort to move the old Cape Henry lighthouse many years ago as it was getting dangerously close to the tide line. As you can see, it now sits behind the new lighthouse.
url

Yep, I am looking forward to seeing THAT one go up! We should do a drag race between it and the stock kit :D

Woun't ya know it. I get a new vidoe card, andf take teh hour or two to get it instlled. Now, Corel is kinda flaky on me... (But I shouldn't complain, considering what i paid for it!!)

But I have somethign close to the requested Cape Hateras light house..

JRThro, hope it's close enough!

View attachment nantucket hateras.pdf

Last edited:
Crap... the stripes don't line up..

(I guess 45+ hrs of work, a house, and 12+ hrs of schooling are taking their toll! I'm jsut a basket case these days!)

Stay tuned for attempt #2!!

Crap... the stripes don't line up..

(I guess 45+ hrs of work, a house, and 12+ hrs of schooling are taking their toll! I'm jsut a basket case these days!)

Stay tuned for attempt #2!!
Thanks, Paul. You can take your time; it'll be a while until I start work on the kit.

Back