FlisKits: Nantucket Sound

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff!

I guess you've discovered the complexity of trying to get a spiral... ...on a cone... ...flattened out on paper...

It is QUITE the challenge :)

That’s why I love ACAD some much and detest Corel! :D
No, I don’t’ detest it, just not in the ‘mind-set’ to use it correctly..

It’s easy in ACAD, as you have many tools to do ‘precise’ work! Copy, array, divide, extend, trim, move, stretch, Osnaps, etc.. And you can create construction geometry that you can move delete afterwards.

But in Corel, I feel I’m rather limited to moving it all around by hand.. And you can’t just select a zone to color, you have to build a shape.. Hense why this is a such a good practice!

In the Hateras wrap, I went up one division, when I should have jumped two!

(attachement is 'work in progress')

So, when’s the wrap contest! :D:D

View attachment nantucket 1a.pdf

Last edited:
That’s why I love ACAD some much and detest Corel! :D
No, I don’t’ detest it, just not in the ‘mind-set’ to use it correctly..

It’s easy in ACAD, as you have many tools to do ‘precise’ work! Copy, array, divide, extend, trim, move, stretch, Osnaps, etc.. And you can create construction geometry that you can move delete afterwards.

But in Corel, I feel I’m rather limited to moving it all around by hand.. And you can’t just select a zone to color, you have to build a shape.. Hense why this is a such a good practice!

In the Hateras wrap, I went up one division, when I should have jumped two!

(attachement is 'work in progress')

So, when’s the wrap contest! :D:D

Hoping to have a contest going some time next week, so keep watch!
jim

Paul, would you consider taking a shot at a shroud for the Cape Hatteras lighthouse?

Here are some good pictures:
https://www.lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=356

I'm no AutoCAD or Corel guru... or even a user of either one, for that matter! :D

For some reason I remembered it as the Cape Henry house that had been moved, but in fact it WAS the Hatteras lighthouse. What was I thinking? That was a big deal at the time. Thanks for the link John.

Am sure you will do fine on the builds John! I mean, shoot, look at how my ACME Spitfire turned out!:eek:
AcmeSpitfire006.jpg

Then again, that was 'on purpose'...I am sure you will really like the build..It IS a tad challenging getting the cuts right on the tubes and those centering rings...lol..ENJOY!

Man thats hilarious :) What a great looking kit John :)
Cheers
fred

But in Corel, I feel I’m rather limited to moving it all around by hand.. And you can’t just select a zone to color, you have to build a shape..

Corel certainly is not a technical drawing program, but it does have precision tools. You can set a custom grid, a 'place duplicate' distance, you can set up guidelines that turn on 'snap to guidelines'. Try the dynamic guides- one of the better upgrades they made to the program. You can change the 'nudge offset' so that the arrow keys will move your object a precise distance with each keystroke. Or the 'snap to object' command that will easily allow you to abutt one object next to another. That's not to be confused with "a butt".

Finally, Draw added 'smart fill' in the X4 version that allows you to fill any polygon, even if the polygon is a result of two overlapping shapes. That might be a feature that you may be missing if you have an older version. The smart fill basically lets you find an enclosed object and fill it with any color.

Back