FlisKits - FarScape

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by slim_t
I hear ya.
My wife threatens to shoot me everytime a new box is delivered. My rocket shelves are overflowing, there's no more room under the bed, and I just put a few nails in the shelves to hang more kits from. It's rediculous and I know it, but I just can't resist. When I get ready to build a new one, I like being able to choose as if I'm in the hobby store.
I need a helper. My son will probably learn the art of rocket building at a very young age. :)

Tim

Tim, I must be your clone. I swear by my rocketry collection that I suffer from the same problem. I lost count of my collection ages ago. I can't really build any new rockets because I have no more space to display them. I can't buy any new rockets because our storage closet under the stairs is FULL of rockets! :eek:

So Jim, I'd love to pick me up one of them FarScapes when they come out. I promise I'll build it. I might have gray hair by the time I do, but it'll get built!

I'm just curious how long it'll be before it is upscaled. :D

Originally posted by slim_t
I hear ya.
My wife threatens to shoot me everytime a new box is delivered.

Tim

Tim,
My wife says," Now what did you order!":D
I always tell her I could be spending lots more on things I really shouldn't be doing.
This Farscape has to be on my have to build list, and I'll be hearing," NOW WHAT DID YOU ORDER!" I guess I'll just have to make sure I get the mail. After all I always know exactly when my order from Fliskits is going to arrive;)

Larry

Originally posted by Larry
Tim,
My wife says," Now what did you order!":D
I always tell her I could be spending lots more on things I really shouldn't be doing.
This Farscape has to be on my have to build list, and I'll be hearing," NOW WHAT DID YOU ORDER!" I guess I'll just have to make sure I get the mail. After all I always know exactly when my order from Fliskits is going to arrive;)

Larry

Just remind me and I'll put a Kay Jewlers address lable on the box...

...*that'll* keep her guessing...

LOL

Reminds me of a comedian with the skit about jewelry stores and their "secret messages"... Claiming that they are getting closer and closer to the *true* message...

Claiming their ads started out with "Diamonds, a girls best friend"
They then went with "Diamonds. Take her breath away"
Then: "Leave her speachless"

Sooner or later they'll just come right out and SAY it....

"Diamonds. That'll shut her up."

man, my bad... Kathy's gonna shoot me when she reads this one LOL

Originally posted by jflis

LOL

Yea!,.... and when I won't open it in front of her or give her what she thinks is in it.......Then she will think I'm getting it for someone else. Then:kill: That would be worse than hearing,"Now What Did You Order." LOL

Larry

My wife threatens to shoot me everytime a new box is delivered.

Ya'll should show your spouses what some of the vintage models are going for on Ebay and tell the spouses the models will appriciate in value! You're just investing - right!?

Jim's kits, I believe, will be worth more than Estes kits someday!

Pat

You guys all seem to have problems buying kits:confused:

My wife will come from the mailbox with a package and either tease me with it or beg to see what it is.

Yea, I know it's fake enthusiasm about what interests me...but then again women "fake" a lot of stuff!

wink wink...nudge nuge.

sandman:D

I guess I'm just lucky:p

My wife's hobby (horses) costs "way more" than my hobbies so I never get any hassles about what I buy :rolleyes:

That is "lucky", isn't it?????

Well, here's the update... (man I hate deadlines!)

We have everything in stock but the decals. I heard from my decal maker and they shipped Friday, but aren't scheduled for delivery till Thursday afternoon...

...guess what *I'll* be doing thursday night...

man, I hate deadlines!

Getting a new FarScape built for NARAM and I thought I would take some pictures of the assembled rocket before paint. The gun/antenna detail comes out much better like this.

Here is an overall view:

Here is a closeup of the tail end. I built this one to generate and test the instructions. This is a normal part of our development. I will create the assembly steps as I build the prototype, then I use those assembly steps to build another rocket. I take pictures during the assembly of this new rocket to help in deciding what I want for figures in the instructions. This usually helps me flesh out the original instructions as well.

Last pix for now. She's downstairs with her second coat of primer, then black, then I will do some detail paint as I wait for the decals thursday night...

jim

Originally posted by jflis
LOL

"Diamonds. That'll shut her up."

Funny stuff. LOL

I actually received a box of 8 kits Monday, and luckily she wasn't home. I quickly opened the box, and put 2 kits on my build station (aka the freezer) as if I had been working on them; and the other 6 were stored in the gun cabinet, the only space available.

She really doesn't mind, but I had just gotten 4 other kits about a week earlier, so she might of said a little something.

Her only complaint is that our home is so small, and I take up so much room with rockets; but we're getting a new one soon and it'll have a rocket room, woo hoo. On the plans it says "Parent's Retreat", but what do they know?

Tim

Well, we spent the afternoon kitting up a hundred FarScape kits (without decals)... They're sitting on the factory floor waiting for the decals to show up. They should be in tomorrow afternoon and I will scoot out to stuff 'em into the bags and seal them up... (would *much* rather be watching SG1....)

If the decals do *not* show up, they will sit there till we return from NARAM. If I have time, I will post a pre-announcement on the web (but the DOM takes priority - *last* month and this month...)

I was very pleased with how the cover art for this kit came out. She's a sharp looking one (see attached) :)

jim

Latest posts

Back