FlisKits: Celtic Thunder kit announcement!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the parts are finally trickling in and we have dates for everything!

That said, FlisKits is proud to announce the release of our newest kit, the Celtic Thunder!

This kit is available for pre-orders on our web site now and we expect to be shipping/delivering kits on or before our 10th Anniversary Launch on October 20th!

Order yours today!

That's a cool looking kit! I'll have to see about ordering one.

I have a friend who loves all things Celtic. I sent her the link

Ok, things are coming together!

Our BT-80 tubes are in (don't get too excited, we only have them in 1" lengths (for the Celtic Thunder) and 4" length (for a new kit for 2013 called Intruder)) :)

I just picked up the kit documentation (see attached photo) and just received word that the decals and nose cones have shipped. Should have them in Saturday and, if so, we're'a kittin' and could be shipping as early as MONDAY!

WHOOT! :) :)

I will keep you posted!

Celtic Thunder Docs.jpg

How much input will you have in picking their assisted living/nursing home...

I'm just point out that spending a little on rockets now might be considered an "investment" in their future if you get to pick the facility.

Of course, I am being crass and it would NOT be a good idea for you to bring the subject up. In short I was teasing.

I'm just point out that spending a little on rockets now might be considered an "investment" in their future if you get to pick the facility.

Of course, I am being crass and it would NOT be a good idea for you to bring the subject up. In short I was teasing.
Now if I could just get my dad (when he retires) to move to Reno (close to black rock desert).
;)

It's in the bag!

Kitted up the Celtic Thunder models this afternoon, so we're all set to begin shipping (Monday) and also have them on hand for the anniversary launch next week!

Here are some pix of the finished product. You will note that the BT-80 tubes are white. These are NOT white paper tubes. Rather, we wanted to try something out, and it worked great (at least as far as we can tell :) ).

Those tubes are Glassine/Mylar/Glassine, which is why they are white. This gives the tube more memory (less tendency to deform) and also seems to be a bit stiffer, which is good in a tube-finned rocket. We will be most interested in feedback on this new tube.

Special thanks to Ray Dipaola for this design! :)
jim

DSC05655.JPG

DSC05661.JPG

DSC05656.JPG

Well, they're moving now! :)

The Celtic Thunder has begun shipping! All outstanding per-orders have shipped as well as all anniversary prizes have shipped.

Now to get ready for our launch this weekend!

Playing with some new ideas and, based on the popularity of the Corona booster, I got to thinking about a possible booster for the Celtic Thunder. Hope to test it this weekend with CMASS :)

Thoughts??

image-3339606521.jpg

image-890056279.jpg

Playing with some new ideas and, based on the popularity of the Corona booster, I got to thinking about a possible booster for the Celtic Thunder. Hope to test it this weekend with CMASS :)

Thoughts??

Celtic Lightning???? Looks good (when doesn't it?). Can't wait to see it Saturday.
Do you think the upscalers will beat you to the launch?

Back