New MicroMaxx Kit, Parts, and Tools

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

tjkopena

Sponsor
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Rocketship Games is happy to announce our entry into model rocketry! We've opened a new storefront with a cute little rocket kit, tools, and parts, currently all oriented around Quest MicroMaxx 6mm motor micro-rockets.

Our first kit is the R3 HoneyBee, a sport styled micro-rocket that friends & family have had a lot of fun flying the past few months.

PXL_20210501_124552407~2.jpg
honeybee-5.jpg

We also have a simple-to-use adapter for putting 1/16" micro-rocket launch rods onto standard 1/8" pads.

tmm-adapter-1.jpg
honeybee-4.jpg

Finally (for now!), we have a collection of nosecones for T-MM tubes, including ten shapes with each in four lengths.

nc-tmm-tangent_ogive.jpg
nc-tmm-conic.jpg
nc-tmm-secant_ogive.jpg

Currently we are offering free first class shipping within the US for orders of $15 or more. Please let us know if there are any problems with the storefront, e.g., in shipping options, as the underlying service is new to us.

Rocketship Games' short story is that we---really I, tjkopena---have some experience in designing, manufacturing, and selling miniatures, terrain, and accessories for tabletop wargaming and roleplaying, drawing in part on a professional background in engineering design research as well as robotics. So we are new to producing and selling for model rocketry, but not to this kind of hobby business broadly.

We hope you like these new products, look forward to seeing them out there flying, and are excited about what we've got in the works for the future. Enjoy!

2021-rocketshipgames-multiline-trf.png

Scott_650

Reaction score
Well thanks a lot - you just made trying a MMX rocket irresistible! Just what I need, more kits for the pile 😆

Seriously, placed an order for a couple Honeybees and a launch adapter, looks like I’ll be ordering some tiny motors next...

kuririn

BARGeezer
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome.
Always happy to see another MicroMaxx vendor.
Order placed.

Saluki

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Order sent.
Would it be possible to give us what kits and parts you have in mind for future releases?
I really hope there's are more to come.

tjkopena

Sponsor
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks everybody!!

The first batch of orders are going to the post office as soon as I get off this real-work telecon I'm on (do they not know I have important rocket business to do??).

Another set of items should be out at the end of this month. A big part of that is just waiting to hear feedback and ensure the pieces are all surviving shipping, people are happy with the parts & instructions, etc..

Assuming all is well, we just need to put together final illustrated instructions for:
  • R4 "The Brett"---a similar BT5 MicroMaxx sport kit with a touch of ICBM styling; many of you may have seen early prototypes of this in the MicroMaxx forum.
Well into development are:
  • Lady Alice---another BT5 MicroMaxx sport kit with some decorative sci-fi stylings, evolved quite a bit from the R6 also seen in the MMX forum.
  • Micro-Hawk---a T-MM MicroMaxx downscale of the ~1996 era Estes Hawkeye, one of my favorite kits as a youth.
Tool-wise, I expect to put out a T-MM tube cutting helper as well as T-MM and BT-5 fin alignment jigs.

I am very interested to hear what parts people are looking for.

Beyond that we've got a bunch of other rocket ideas in various states of development but not in flight yet. We're very committed to MicroMaxx based designs though. They make it so easy for my daughter & I to meet up with friends at some neighborhood soccer fields and have a great after-school rocket launch. Anything more powerful than MicroMaxx or maybe a low-flying 1/2A and we need to wait for the weekend to go drive somewhere more open. So we're pretty into this kind of rocket.

Saluki

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
tgkopena,

Thanks for sharing a look into what you hope is the future of your new endeavor. I for one am glad to see the new MMX produces and kits. I have followed the MMX since it started. I followed Micromeister here and was always amazed by all the MMX rockets he built. He was a true master of these little rockets.

Flis came along and has for me put out some outstanding MMXs. My favorite of his designs is Dead Ringer, Hemv-4, M.A.C.M.E Shrew, Stinger, and the TOG. As you can see I like designs that look a little strange and futuristic.

Hope the future holds good things for you and all of us for Micro Maxx Rockets. Please keep us informed on your line of products.

WillMarchant

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Got the order. Super fast shipping! The kits and display stands look great! Looking forward to building one this weekend for flight at the NOVAAR launch in a week. Keep up the great work!

Latest posts