First launch in 10 years!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

womblegs

Reaction score
Hi folks, I haven't been around for a while but I thought I'd pop in and tell you all about last night.

I found myself with a spare hour, so I packed up a few rockets and headed out. It was starting to go dark so first up was an Estes Iris which was built about 10yrs ago. It flew well back then, so I saw no reason why it shouldn't now. I put a B6-4 in (again the engine and ignitor were about 10yrs old too), pressed the button and watched as it scorched off the pad. I have a video clip of this, just got to work out how to get it off the phone. I watched as it went up and up and then dissapear in mid air :(

Oh well, one down, one to go. As it was nearly dark by now I didn't want to risk any of my new fleet so next was a Mosquito clone, well you're not meant to find them anyway. I have to say dusk launches are great, the engine burn looks real impressive.
Before I realised what was happening the mos' was gone to the great rocket gods in the sky.

So 2 launched, 2 lost. Ah well, better luck next time I hope.

welcome back!
sorry to hear about your luck...
next time bring a couple sharp-eyed kidlets...
they can spot anything!
:D

Welcome. Sounds like you had fun.

I've always wanted to try a Mosquito painted in Glow in the Dark paint...then night launch it. You'd probably have a better chance of finding it in the dark than during the day.

John

edit: But then you'd have to call it a FireFly and not a Mosquito!

Welcome back! You find that $ dissappears as fast as the Mosquito when you really get back into it.....but man is it worth it:D

Back