Finally took the plunge... NAR membership

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverleaf

Reaction score
After months of debating, and wondering IF I should join, I finally sent the Money Order out today.

My main reason for joining was so I might possibly enjoy the upcoming NARAM meet in late July a bit more, and perhaps start working on the club part of the program locally.

In any case, I guess I'll be an official member in a couple weeks time.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone here at TRF whom gave me rational evidence and backed it up with solid reasons for joining.

Cheers to you all. 8)

After what I am sure was similar debating I took the plunge and sent my money off April 2nd.

Looks like I won't have the highest NAR number on TRF for long. Off course in the email I received after I sent the money, it said I would be recieving my card and number in 1 to 2 weeks, so if it isn't here by tomorrow. . .

I would also like to thank everyone that has contributed to discusions and pointed out benifits of joining.

Jeff

I submitted mine online on Sunday, so I've still got another week or so before I start gettin' antsy. Of course, the sooner I get it the sooner I can finish my registration for NSL, and also get back to the NSL LD with my NAR # for cert flights.

WW

Good for you Silverleaf!

The Rocketry hobby needs as much help as it can get right now. The NAR gives us rocketeers a voice. The more the merrier....

John

I think that it's great that you all joined.

When I got back into the hobby last year, I joined right away and even got my old number back.

I wasn't planning to do any competition but I joined the local NAR Section and I don't regret it at all.

Even though I am mainly a mod roc sport flyer I think that this year I'll start the NARTEK program just for my own satisfaction.

I signed my son up for his birthday last month, and intend to join myself next month when my Tripoli membership runs out.

Nothing wrong with TRA (ok, nothing *serious*). Our local prefecture is great, but we only seem to manage a few launches a year due to weather. Our local NAR section manages to keep a field open through the summer, even if I can only fly G motors there. It keeps me flying and I can still go to TRA launches.

And to be honest, I'm more into LPR/MPR than I figured on. High power's great but Level 1's about all I can afford now. More on that in another posting...good news/bad news kind of thing...

Got to jump in here and say way to go! You won't regret it.

wick

Good to see you aboard...frankly, NAR or Tripoli...they're both in our "interests" and working for the hobby, that's a good thing.
If you get into a club, you'll find yourself standing around talking rockets as much as you spend time actually launching/chasing...

Rocketeers are a fun bunch to be around...have fun!

Dave

Only took a week for me... #84763

WOOHOO!!!

Now I can register for NSL... gee, more money. Well, the cert is worth it.

WW

Back