• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Dr. Rocket 54mm Red Cases and Closures

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 34969

Reaction score
I'm selling a set of four RMS cases 54/852, 54/1280, 54/1706 and 54/2560 along with plugged and open forward closures and aft closure. This set has been used very little. From what I can tell the 54/1706 and 54/1280 might have been used maybe a couple of times at the most. If you zoom in on the pic you can make out the serial numbers and date manufactured. Also I will throw in a 57/2560 Phenolic Liner. $600.00 or best offer.

I just joined this forum today so that I might be able to sell some of my old gear. I got into rocketry in the late 90s, but haven't been involved since around 2005. My name is Bill Van Auken and my NAR membership expired in 2009. My NAR# was 77835 and I was HPR cert level 2. I live in NorCal now, but when I first got involved in rocketry, I was living in SoCal. I went to many launches with my good buddy Sam out in the desert near Lucerne Valley on a dry lake bed, which was sponsored by the Rocketry Organization of CA. They had monthly launch meets and every year they had a big one called RocStock. :) Good times. I finally decided to try and sell off some of my old stuff to someone that can use and enjoy it as I have other hobbies now and I don't plan on getting back into rockets in the near future. Heck...I can't remember anything that I learned, so I'd have to start all over again.

BillIMG_4154 (2).jpgIMG_4202 (2).jpgIMG_4203 (2).jpgIMG_4204 (2).jpgIMG_4206 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Performance Hobbies sold this very set new at $465...ahh the good ol days!!!

I saw that mistake and corrected it. Thanks! Ahhh...I forgot to correct the title. Done.

Last edited:
Back