Fade to Black Rocket Work winter news

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fade_to_Black

Reaction score
Well, here's what we've been working on during the winter months.

First off, the Thunder and Lightning pads have a new, redesigned mast assembly. The new mast is smaller and easier to operate. All current and future pads will be fabricated with the new design. Prices remain unchanged.

Next, we've designed a new low power launch rack. Made of sturdy 1-1/2" PVC, the rack utilizes 5 TRI-Pad receivers for easy adjustment and quick rod changes, and it sets up in seconds. The rack will be available with either the standard sleeve style receiver or the Elite quick chuck style. Tentative pricing is $125 for the standard and $150 for the Elite. These racks will be on the website soon, but you can contact me directly if you have any questions.

new_thunder3.jpg

new_thunder1.jpg

rack.gif

Last edited:
Gotta agree with you there Troy. CATO has 5 or 6 of Fred's pads with all the fancy stuff and custom CATO orange paint job! One of the best investments we could have made. These puppies are going to last a good long time, not to mention us old guys don't have to crawl around on the ground any more!

Tom -:D

CATO Treas.

Yeah, CATO puts them to good use. And we got a lot of compliments on them when we first used them at NERRF last year. I love these pads, and may have to get one myself.

Back