Estes Blast off packs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonie

Reaction score
It seems the only Blast off packs still around are the all A motors and the 6A, 6B, and 12C motors. All C packs seem to never be in stores, Just on their website for $84.
Wouldn't it be nice if Estes made all D and/or E packs?
Wadding or not, Bulk purchasing capability would see me buying 100 motors at a time.
Hint Hint

Last edited:
Seconded. I rarely every fly A and B motors (I donate the A's from my blast-off-packs to the dedicated LPR folks at launches). I would love to see just C motor packs in stores. They're the only 18mm BP motors I use.

I would love to have big packs of D and E motors. I use these... alot. Mostly E's but D's and C11's live in my rangebox as well.

Why don't you just buy them online? You can get a pretty good discount, delivered right to your door.

Don

All products listed by Estes are available. if they are not in the store that you walk into and you want them to be in that store sitting on the shelf waiting for you to walk in, then you need to tell the store manager to carry them. Provide them with the product number and/or UPC and your name and telephone number so they can call you when they arrive so you can come in and pay them for the number of boxes full you want to get that day. And give them an idea of how often you will come back to buy more, since they may not want expensive items sitting on the shelf if they do not sell right away.

Some stores do carry them but they sell out as fast as they get them, so you will never be able to walk in and see one sitting on the shelf.

Buying $1000 or more from Quest with the 40% off NAR coupon is also a good deal (if you do not mind the world's best igniter plus a C motor with good intiial thrust and a very long very low sustaining thrust making them a C3.5 motor that is astounding in clusters).

I buy the C6-5 pack from hobbylinc, 24 pack with ignitors and wadding for 54.49. Not going to beat that without lucking into a closeout somewhere.

I buy the C6-5 pack from hobbylinc, 24 pack with ignitors and wadding for 54.49. Not going to beat that without lucking into a closeout somewhere.

I got my C6-5 bulk packs on a closeout for $9.99 each. I bought enough to move my house to another zip code if I so choose :grin:

I guess I'm just used to instant gratification, and the fact that I cleaned out the walmart when they closed out all the estes stuff a few years ago, and am now just running out of all of those $2 motor packs. I paid less than when I was a Kid!

Shred, I'll check out the Quest C6's. Are you saying that they are basically like a C4? (C3.5) I sure miss the old C5's. I do like those igniters... I have actually never bought quest motors, ever, unless micromaxx counts...

(if you do not mind the world's best igniter plus a C motor with good intiial thrust and a very long very low sustaining thrust making them a C3.5 motor that is astounding in clusters).

By C3.5, you mean a C class motor with an average thrust of 3.5N, correct? Which Quest motor are you talking about that is a C3.5?

Unless you go to https://www.acsupplyco.com/estes/bulk.htm and get them for $50.99 a 24 pack.;P)

Depending on how close a Hobby Lobby is to you, buying them in single 3 packs is a better deal with the 40% off coupon. The cost per standard engine 3 pack, with tax here is $5.20 per purchase...making a 24 pack only $41.60, tax included. This is a nice deal for engines that Estes doesn't offer in bulk like the B6-2. But, obviously proximity and frequency can play into your buying habit.

FC

My time is worth more than that. I don't want to go every day, and they don't restock all that fast. I already do buy from HL with 40% off from time to time, but If I can buy at 40% off, I presume they still make some money or break even, (shipping, logistics, etc) then I should be able to buy a large qty for that or less IN ONE TRANSACTION.

I am also competing with other guys in the area doing the same thing...

I can buy a two pack of AT F24s' for what a 3 pack of E9's cost retail, or at a launch. I usually cluster BP motors anyway, so the AT's are a better per flight cost.

The purpose of this thread is to get Estes to notice and perhaps listen, I mean, look at what they are doing now as a result of better ownership, and good engineers / marketing guys who frequent these forums. Pro Series II Der Red Max for example...

I don't need a pretty printed box, with the usual inserts and wadding. I (and many of us) only want the motors. Plain brown cardboard box is fine. I have an attic full of dog barf, so leave the wadding out. Give me a 50 or 100 Pack of motors. I'd buy 50 D12's and C6's right now if I could get pricing down to $1.50 -1.75 per motor

I'm happy with standard shureshot II (Solar) igniters too.

Depending on how close a Hobby Lobby is to you, buying them in single 3 packs is a better deal with the 40% off coupon. The cost per standard engine 3 pack, with tax here is $5.20 per purchase...making a 24 pack only $41.60, tax included. This is a nice deal for engines that Estes doesn't offer in bulk like the B6-2. But, obviously proximity and frequency can play into your buying habit.

FC

Quest Chinese C6 motors. See actual test results at NAR S&T website.
Super long burn with low sustaining thrust.

And the worlds best igniters.

I guess I'm just used to instant gratification, and the fact that I cleaned out the walmart when they closed out all the estes stuff a few years ago, and am now just running out of all of those $2 motor packs. I paid less than when I was a Kid!

Shred, I'll check out the Quest C6's. Are you saying that they are basically like a C4? (C3.5) I sure miss the old C5's. I do like those igniters... I have actually never bought quest motors, ever, unless micromaxx counts...

My time is worth more than that. I don't want to go every day, and they don't restock all that fast.

So what you're saying is:

3rtad5-300x196.jpg

I did say your results would vary. For me it's easy because every time I go out, I pass right by at least one or two HLs...5 mins at most. The question for Estes becomes if selling bulk packs of other motors would be profitable...I'd love bulk packs of B6-2s. Right now my method gets each 18mm engine at $1.74 per.

FC

Back