Dr. Zooch Saturn 1 Block II


Well-Known Member
Jan 19, 2009
Reaction score
I built this rockert over the course of about two weeks, on an and off. However, when i first started building I realized that I had accidently glued the nose cone onto the upper body tube. Turns out, I had several tubes exactly like this one in the box of spare parts that Wes sent me several years ago. So, after some "rocket surgery" things got moving good until I ran out Balsa stock for the stub fins. Once again, I referred back to the box-o-stuff. I hate to say it, but I almost used the "squirming hatch-blower" tower, though I would have cut out the trusswork. I used the more complex tower, but ran out of wire about half-way through and used paperclips the rest of the way. Finally, while working on it at my dad's body shop (rocketry and autobody work go together quite well, i.e. Steve Eves :p) it caught the eye of one of my dad's customer's son, who was inspired to build rockets of his own; I helped one of his rockets to fly after speaking to him several times about rocketry. It currently resides in my dorm here at the University of Alabama in Huntsville.