Do you play video games?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you play video games?

• Yes

Votes: 37 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters

NTP2

Reaction score
I was reading the thread about the fallout movie and someone mentioned that they liked the games which got me on a thought rabbit hole which ended here.

the wife does WoW nightly. I did for a long tim etoo.

I like builder sims: SImcity, Zoo typcoon, Railway empires, Stronghold, etc.. Not so much as to play the game, but to just build something..

Lover shooters too, Half life, Mech warrior, etc..

Some include:

Tetris
StarCraft 2
MLB: The Show
Empires and Puzzles
Gran Turismo

These are across all platforms: Game Boy, Mobile, PC, Console, etc.

Lately my Son and I have been playing Hollow Knight. He likes the challenge and I think is close to the end. I've been relearning some programming languages to make a game or two, but that's a different thread...

Lately my Son and I have been playing Hollow Knight. He likes the challenge and I think is close to the end. I've been relearning some programming languages to make a game or two, but that's a different thread...
I to have tried to learn game dev… all I got was a deep and intense appreciation for game devs.

I am currently juggling oblivion and tropics 5 and I can’t wait for the first update to KSP 2 which probably tells you all you want to know about my taste in games.

Ps I also have a GBA if you know what that is.

I've been playing videogames since the mid 1970s... probably a year or two longer than I've been flying rockets 😂

I enjoy WW1 and WW2 flight sims, the more detailed and real, the better — even though I don't have time to get any good at them. I also enjoy turn based strategy, RPGs, and adventure games. The GTA series is a favorite.

Lately I've been playing Wobbly Life and Beamng.drive with my six year old, and I've gotten into Shotgun King when playing on my own. (It's chess where you play the black king and don't get any pieces other than the king. But you do get a shotgun!)

Used to in my wayward youth.
Doom, Quake, Descent series.
And Tyrian.
Still have a working Atari 2600. It works on big screen digital tvs with an adapter.
1212231306[1].jpg
Just broke it out a couple of months ago to see if it still works.
Deleted all games on my phone except one, a sniper game.
Here I am:
1212231319[1].jpg Heh.

When I was a teen I played video games at an Arcade that cost quarters, 2600 was not out then yet.

When I got a personal computer early on I played a game or two and then discovered I could code instead of game on it. It got me my computer jobs and I even coded software for resale with a publishing house for about a year and got $1,500 which is $4,500 today.

Wife and I paid off all our loans moved out of the apartment and got a rental house, then bought a house 3 years later.

Edit: I coded in the evening in the bedroom closet of the apartment with a light bulb hanging on a string for about an hour while the wife was a hostess at a restaurant to supplement our income after I got home from my day job.

Last edited:
No, but only because I remember how addicted I was to Diablo 2,Age of Empires 2, all the Civs. I don't want to open that t can of worms again.
Stellaris calls... you know you want to... :p

I will note that I haven’t played a grand strategy game before.
Plebe.

Since phone games were mentioned, I took up Azur Lane a few months ago. WW2 warship gijinka was too much for my weeb brain to resist.

Yes, and have and have played many of the ones listed here in this thread, my current game of choice though is World of Warships.

I've played Solitaire and Minesweeper a little bit, I really liked Descent but I haven't played it in a long time. I have a computer in the closet that will boot to MS-DOS and it has Descent on it. But since then I haven't done any gaming. I bought a new laptop 2 years ago, a gaming laptop, and haven't done any gaming on it but I did buy Overload and install on it.
In college I've played Star Trek on a teletype terminal and later I found a listing of the program in Fortran but since I got the listing I never had the interest in typing it into a file and trying to run it.

No, but only because I remember how addicted I was to Diablo 2,Age of Empires 2, all the Civs. I don't want to open that t can of worms again.
It's exactly the same for me. I won't let myself play them now. But the day is coming...I keep saying that I'm saving video games for retirement.

And Tyrian.
Still have a working Atari 2600. It works on big screen digital tvs with an adapter.
I've circled back to Descent lately. With the dxxrebirth projects you can get pretty decent graphics and it's been a lot of fun going back into the mines again.

Back