Crosman 1377 pump pistol

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Johnnierkt
"10,000 comedians outa work and I'm tryin to be a funny..."

I remeber years ago that some of the comic books I was reading (HEAVY METAL) had adds for a Larc BB-gun that ran on R12 freon. It would shoot 3,000 BB rounds a minute. :eek:

The AD caption would read: "No kidding, pepper the neighbors cat across the street..."

This was a real machine gun that fired bb's. Of course we all know that R12 Freon is an ozone killer, and is no longer available.

I hate to change the subject but the notion of Freon being an ozone killer is total plop and junk science at it's worse.Freon is actually heavier than air and could never reach the ozone layer to deplete it.It's replacement R-143,however,is an ozone depleter.
Apparently if you're a chemical company that wants to develope,patent and market a much necessary chemical then all you have to do is make up some bull and then make a few donations to the appropriate bigwigs.Follow this up with an $85,000 donation to the "EPA" and your in business.

Originally posted by powderburner
Micromeister,
Would they arrest you for owning some gravel? (ammo for slingshots)
What about a Nerf gun? (hey, it fits the definition of your laws!)
Would they arrest you for owning an atlatl? (would they even know what it is?)

The Nerf gun?Yes! Even caps guns scare these people to death over in D.C.One teacher in Fairfax got into a load of trouble for simply using the picture of a gun on a flash card.The cards where ancient and the gun was a pic of an old west revolver.FOX5 news did this story one morning and the had this kid out in front of the school asking him questions.
They asked him;"Do you know what this is"?
He said;"A gun.
Then they asked;"Do you know what it's for"?
He then replied;"For killing people"?
The gal doing the story finished up with "That's right!"
I swear that right after the word "For" the kid got hung up for a second.He then leand forward and gave a hard squint and then finished up with "killing people".Now I might not be the wisest old owl in the tree but I do know what a kid reading something from a cue card looks like.Given the lib media around here I wouldn't doubt it for a second either.They have totally brainwashed most people into believing that a gun is indeed more than just an inanimate object but a living thing with evil intentions to be feared,loathed and exterminated.If you own a gun then you too are evil by association and should also be banned.
On the bright side I am glad to see that many in Md and Northern Va. are starting to stand up for their gun rights here lately.

:rolleyes:

Here is a mod to the Crosman 1377 that kinda makes me drool:

photo compliments of "1750master" @ the crosman airgun forum.

r1dermon & micro,

I live here in the "Heart of Dixie" and if you don't own some kind of a gun, people will look at you funny. If all you own is a pellet gun then you may get a chuckle, but at least you own a gun. Heck, our Wally World stores sell all the muzzle loading supplies you need right next to the paintball supplies, which next to the pellet guns, which is next to the bb guns, which is across from the counter for shotgun and rifle sales, which is next to the...well, you get the picture, they want us to own a gun here in the South.

to be fair to the Co2 addicts out there, here is a nice Co2 set-up courtesy of the Crosman Airgun Modification resource:

yeah, you wont find that in the wally worlds in MA, but i live about 2 seconds from the NH border, and the walmart up there is a super center, takes about 10 minutes to get there. shotguns, rifles, muzzleloaders....all the ammo you can ask for. all the BB guns and paintball guns, bows, hell, even golf clubs.

Back