Congress says some UFOs have a non-human origin.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, let me be clear: I do not 100% discount that our planet may be getting visits from "phenomena" of extra-terrestrial intelligence. I can't discount it entirely, because there's always that 0.0001% chance I am wrong. I'm simply stating that it's highly unlikely they are coming to us via what we consider to be "spacecraft". Perhaps they are travelling through another dimension, or they are able to open their own wormholes, or they may even originate from a 4th dimensional space, and what we see are their 3D shadows. Perhaps they are simply probes, AI-driven intelligences, and there aren't any alien "beings". Perhaps our entire universe is simply a science experiment sitting inside a universe-sized glass-jar in a gargantuan lab and what we "see" is occassional flashes of a needle being inserted to stir up the solution.

We do not know what the phenomena are; and that's the only thing we *do* know. We know that we don't know. And until such time we have significant enough evidence to form a conclusion, we are simply speculating.
One of the theory's I like is the E.T.'s are visiting the Zoo.

Running since 1947, Meet the Press is America's most venerable TV news program. My Uncle Bud jokingly referred to it as "Press the Meat".
Anyway, here is the press's latest wisdom on the subject of what government and a new writer on the scene (Graff) know about the unexplained phenomena.

I believe this are spiritual beings, both angelic and demonic. Say they are from another dimension or whatever.
There may be some value in this hypothesis. It might support a new (actually very old) way of explaining and understanding modern unexplained phenomena. It may also account for the apocryphal stories of President Carter crying when briefed on the phenomena, and for the opposition of the USAF over the decades to discussion, investigation or disclosure.

they travel millions of light years to get here and then somehow crash the moment they get here?
Maybe there's no reason to stop at a primitive planet like ours unless your ship is having engine trouble. There could be millions of ships passing by within a couple of lightyears of earth, undetected and functioning fine. 😁

Back in 2017 we received from the New York Times the first military video of "tic-tac" UAP. Formerly, "orbs", first dubbed as "foo-fighters" in WWII, were and still are, perhaps the most common manifestation of the UAP phenomena.

Now we have what appears to be the first military video of the rare "jellyfish" species.

Last edited:
Back in 2017 we received from the New York Times the first military video of "tic-tac" UAP. Formerly, "orbs", first dubbed as "foo-fighters" in WWII, were and still are, perhaps the most common manifestation of the UAP phenomena.

Now we have what appears to be the first military video of the rare "jellyfish" species.

Dogora lives!
1704848022860.png

Yes, there is a serious argument that we cannot handle the truth.
I’m sure it’s much more benign and boring than that. A lot of images of the alleged phenomena were caught on radars, thermal imagers, that kind of thing, it would not surprise me at all to learn that the report is secret because it might contain technical details of our systems, possibly including capability limits, that the Pentagon doesn’t want other powers knowing.

I’m sure it’s much more benign and boring than that. A lot of images of the alleged phenomena were caught on radars, thermal imagers, that kind of thing, it would not surprise me at all to learn that the report is secret because it might contain technical details of our systems, possibly including capability limits, that the Pentagon doesn’t want other powers knowing.
Or how to get someone to do a report on you rather than start shooting at you.

I’m familiar.

The public reaction to the discovery of extraterrestrial life would likely depend entirely upon circumstance. Did we confirm and make contact with visitors? Did they make contact with us?

Did we intercept a radio transmission from deep space, and if so, what are its contents? Are they close enough to communicate with? To visit? What is the state of their world? Are they likely to be extant still by the time a return message or craft gets there, or is the flame of life burning low in the face of ongoing apocalypse?

Or did one of our space probes just discover slime mold somewhere on Jupiter’s moons?

Reactions might run the gamut the same as plausible scenarios. Some muted interest without real impact on our daily lives, welcoming visitors with open arms, responding with suspicions of visitors and telling them to buzz off, or immediately becoming hostile.

Some humans might also want to establish communication at a distance, render assistance to their world, establish trade and travel, escape the trappings of Earth for a New World in the stars, or (in the grand colonial-imperial tradition) set off to conquer, pillage, enslave, and exploit. Remember, contact might very well change their world as well as ours, and much of this story has already been told by European explorers on our own planet.

Who would we be in this story? Would we be the slime mold, the isolated inhabitants of North Sentinel Island who reject contact, the Vikings who packed up and left Canada after finding life hard and the natives unfriendly, the Roanoke colonists who vanished without a trace, the American Indians who were later subjected to genocide, or the explorers carrying out the genocide? Would we be the Han Dynasty to their Romans, knowing of each other’s existence but being linked by only the faintest wisps of commerce?

Or would we be something else entirely? Hard to say.

My thoughts on this: Not trying to brag here just trying to establish myself as a very credible witness. I am a former army aviator and I've been a private pilot for 35 years piloting my first aircraft (glider) before I was legal to drive a car. In addition, I worked my way through college at night as a licensed airplane mechanic (A&P) for an airline and I did volunteer work at an aviation museum. I then spent 15 years running a defense contractor in the aviation space and I'm an avid aviation history buff as my family has been aviators since since the first World War.

That said, I have had two separate encounters with these things and as a very creditable witness with 60 years on this planet and having worked on or flown 100s of different aircraft both public and classified, I have come to two realizations: First, these are VERY real and second NOTHING humans have every made (or will be able to make for hundreds of years) can fly like this! I was close enough to the first one at one point that I could have counted the rivets on the skin if it had any. This was a very large massive object and it went from 100 AGL to out of the atmosphere in about 5 seconds. Takes more than a M motor to do that! I didn't get to see any occupants so I have no idea if this is ET or demons but I will say one thing: These things could swat us like bugs if they wanted to so we better wake up and stop joking about little green men and tin foil hats and take this seriously. ..getting off my soapbox now...lol

I’m familiar.

The public reaction to the discovery of extraterrestrial life would likely depend entirely upon circumstance. Did we confirm and make contact with visitors? Did they make contact with us?

Did we intercept a radio transmission from deep space, and if so, what are its contents? Are they close enough to communicate with? To visit? What is the state of their world? Are they likely to be extant still by the time a return message or craft gets there, or is the flame of life burning low in the face of ongoing apocalypse?

Or did one of our space probes just discover slime mold somewhere on Jupiter’s moons?

Reactions might run the gamut the same as plausible scenarios. Some muted interest without real impact on our daily lives, welcoming visitors with open arms, responding with suspicions of visitors and telling them to buzz off, or immediately becoming hostile.

Some humans might also want to establish communication at a distance, render assistance to their world, establish trade and travel, escape the trappings of Earth for a New World in the stars, or (in the grand colonial-imperial tradition) set off to conquer, pillage, enslave, and exploit. Remember, contact might very well change their world as well as ours, and much of this story has already been told by European explorers on our own planet.

Who would we be in this story? Would we be the slime mold, the isolated inhabitants of North Sentinel Island who reject contact, the Vikings who packed up and left Canada after finding life hard and the natives unfriendly, the Roanoke colonists who vanished without a trace, the American Indians who were later subjected to genocide, or the explorers carrying out the genocide? Would we be the Han Dynasty to their Romans, knowing of each other’s existence but being linked by only the faintest wisps of commerce?

Or would we be something else entirely? Hard to say.
A good off the cuff response to Argument #1, which dates from 1960. This Argument #1 may be discussed in this forum ad infinitum. But it involves physical beings. Anciently, and since, there have been suggestions, more openly discussed today, that the phenomena are not extraterrestrial or alien in nature, but rather partake of an inter-dimensional, spiritual or religious nature. Panpsychism may be involved.The current embedded resistance to disclosures of these phenomena are very understandable given either of these Arguments.

Last edited:
That said, I have had two separate encounters with these things and as a very creditable witness with 60 years on this planet and having worked on or flown 100s of different aircraft both public and classified, I have come to two realizations: First, these are VERY real and second NOTHING humans have every made (or will be able to make for hundreds of years) can fly like this! I was close enough to the first one at one point that I could have counted the rivets on the skin if it had any. This was a very large massive object and it went from 100 AGL to out of the atmosphere in about 5 seconds. Takes more than a M motor to do that! I didn't get to see any occupants so I have no idea if this is ET or demons but I will say one thing: These things could swat us like bugs if they wanted to so we better wake up and stop joking about little green men and tin foil hats and take this seriously
Here's what bugs me about these anecdotes:

When the space shuttle broke apart during re-entry, thousands of pieces were scattered across the landscape and people were able to find bits of it and bring it in to the authorities. We've got security camera footage of a meteorite piercing a car trunk. When a rock entered the atmosphere in Russia and exploded thousands of feet in the air, it was captured by hundreds of Dash-Cams and Cell Phones. Since the "Arab-Spring"; governments have been unable to suppress news regarding the oppression of their own people, because of alternative ways of getting out information via social media. There are less and less "secrets" as a result.

There are literally over a billion Cell Phones with cameras capable of recording video and/or still photos. Amateurs are able to capture videos and photos of the ISS from telescopes in their backyards. There are people following "secret" projects such as the X-37, and the Chinese spaceplane.

And yet, every story has usually just 1 person observing a "craft", that is sometimes described as big as an aircraft carrier, that violates every law of physics, and is not observed by anyone else, and when it is, it's photographed just as "lights in the sky" that could be flares, or drones. There are reports of crashes, but no recovered pieces, there are reports of craft that hover, yet there's no video or photos that withstand scrutiny.

With so many "sightings" and different types of sightings, you would think that Earth is freaking Grand Central Station for alien craft, and yet there's not a scrap of physical evidence. Not one.

When one of these craft comes in for a landing at JFK, I'll buy what I'm looking at. Heck, I'll settle for one buzzing a city, where there are enough people to capture it on a hundred cell phone videos. But right now, I find it difficult to sustain the idea that alien craft are buzzing the planet, all the time, and yet we've got zero evidence other than blurry radar contacts and other anomalies that might be explainable as plasma, atmospheric sprites, or other natural phenomena, including natural phenomena that we aren't 100% familiar with (St. Elmo's Fire, Ball Lightning, etc).

Back