Top Ten UFO/UAP Stories of 2021

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dotini

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
UFO/UAP Top Ten List for 2021
  1. Passage and Signing of the Gillibrand-Rubio Amendment to the NDAA (National Defense Appropriations Act)
  2. The Preliminary Report on Unidentified Aerial Phenomena says UAP is a Real Problem
  3. 60 Minutes Breaks its UFO Taboo
  4. NASA’s Bill Nelson Says the Quiet Part Out Loud
  5. The Wake Up Call from the News Obits for Harry Reid
  6. U.S. Intelligence Leaders Tease Non-Human Explanations
  7. Skeptics Had a Hard Year
  8. Investigative Reporters Take on a Cosmic Watergate
  9. Former Presidents and Presidential Candidates Go On-the-Record
  10. The Final, Disappointing End of To the Stars Academy (TTSA)
https://medium.com/on-the-trail-of-the-saucers/top-ten-uap-ufo-stories-of-2021-83dbf1372cbc

In science, when we don't know why something happened, we continue to investigate. A scientist might say "It's possible that some UAP are aliens" but if s/he's a proper scientist, he labels that as speculation. Then the media gets involved; "Famous Scientist Says UAP Are Aliens!" because headlines and clickbait.

The main reason that UAP are a concern is...we don't know what they are yet. That's it. The idea that these are space aliens is pure speculation, despite how it's presented by clickbaiters.

Best -- Terry

TOTAL BS, there's never been a UFO crash anywhere remotely near a city of any size ,where multiple people can examine the damage and witness it , this is the #1 fact. The simple minded humans, or as I like to call them SHEEPLE, are always bewildered by a sense of wonderment that has them believing unbelievable things just for the simple recreational enjoyment. It's a product of their indoctrination into the world, as their parents blatantly lied to them for shear enjoyment and entertainment by having them believe in things like the Easter bunny, Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, the great flood, and all kinds of totally unbelievable nonsense. Somethings will never change.

In science, when we don't know why something happened, we continue to investigate. A scientist might say "It's possible that some UAP are aliens" but if s/he's a proper scientist, he labels that as speculation. Then the media gets involved; "Famous Scientist Says UAP Are Aliens!" because headlines and clickbait.

The main reason that UAP are a concern is...we don't know what they are yet. That's it. The idea that these are space aliens is pure speculation, despite how it's presented by clickbaiters.

Best -- Terry
Agreed. And, as the top ten 2021 stories affirm, the investigations are gaining momentum and credibility. I also agree that space aliens are very probably not the source of the phenomena. IMHO, the answers are at least partly in the realm of consciousness.

FWIW, in 1964 ten strange objects maneuvered for 20 minutes over my fishing cabin on Hood Canal and the adjacent nuclear Sub Base Kitsap. Similar phenomena were observed over a 2 state area on the same evening. Because of my direct first person experience, witnessed by my family and thousands of others, I do not have the luxury of denying the phenomena exist.

'Investigations'?
Government and industry has been quietly investigating for several years. Now, due to passed and signed bipartisan legislation (#1 item in the OP above), investigating and public reporting will accelerate.

See AAWSAP, AATIP, BAASS, etc.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...s-secretive-ufo-program-funded-some-were-junk
Project Sign, Project Grudge, and the Bluebook Project were well known if inadequate investigations by the US government from the 1940's through the 1960's.

The Dec 16, 2017 report by the NY Times revealed new secretive investigations. Dozens of US Navy F-18 pilots encountering the objects up close during sometimes dangerous situations over a sustained period of years resulted in a near-mutiny and the top Navy brass seeking help from the Pentagon.

Last edited:
A6104843-9E11-4E16-ABE7-613C17A35C58.jpeg

Last edited:
Apoplectic anger, denial and ridicule are no longer fit responses to a problem now being openly addressed in law and in actions by the US government, including all the intelligence agencies and all the military services.

Anybody here ever read Operation Trojan Horse by John A. Keel?
He has developed a completely different explanation as to what UFOs or UAPs are.
He believes it is the same phenomenon that had people seeing demons and angels back in biblical days and Bigfoot and Nessie these days.
Is his theory correct? Who knows, but it holds together at least as well as UFO's being extraterrestrial in origin.

Now think about this, if UFOs are "Alien spacecraft" then we have to accept that beings from another world or worlds have been coming to Earth for thousands of years as there seems to be evidence of said visitations all throughout recorded history.
Now I suppose it is possible that "They" arrived in our star system thousands of years ago and have been hanging around in hiding for all these years but seriously, WHY?

Then there's the matter of how they got here and why they came. Is interstellar travel so easy and economical that Earth is just a tourist stop on the way to someplace more interesting or entertaining?
Because there sure seems to be a lot of these buggers buzzing around and it seems as if no two of them are exactly the same.
Or is Earth being scouted for invasion? If so, why wait until we have nuclear weapons, rather than strike when the best we could throw at them is a sharp stick.
Or are we Earthers so fascinating that vast recourses are spent sending these crafts across incredible distances so they can study us?
What could we, or the planet for that matter, have, that could possibly be so valuable that sending these things here could be worth the costs?

He has developed a completely different explanation as to what UFOs or UAPs are.
He believes it is the same phenomenon that had people seeing demons and angels back in biblical days and Bigfoot and Nessie these days.
Is his theory correct? Who knows, but it holds together at least as well as UFO's being extraterrestrial in origin.

Now think about this, if UFOs are "Alien spacecraft" then we have to accept that beings from another world or worlds have been coming to Earth for thousands of years as there seems to be evidence of said visitations all throughout recorded history.
Now I suppose it is possible that "They" arrived in our star system thousands of years ago and have been hanging around in hiding for all these years but seriously, WHY?

Then there's the matter of how they got here and why they came. Is interstellar travel so easy and economical that Earth is just a tourist stop on the way to someplace more interesting or entertaining?
Because there sure seems to be a lot of these buggers buzzing around and it seems as if no two of them are exactly the same.
Or is Earth being scouted for invasion? If so, why wait until we have nuclear weapons, rather than strike when the best we could throw at them is a sharp stick.
Or are we Earthers so fascinating that vast recourses are spent sending these crafts across incredible distances so they can study us?
What could we, or the planet for that matter, have, that could possibly be so valuable that sending these things here could be worth the costs?
Charles Fort asked some of the same questions 100 years ago. He humorously concluded that we are chattel. I don't agree. Concepts such as time, distance, money and property don't seem to apply to the Phenomena. I believe our government has concluded that neither Russia, China nor ourselves is the source of the Phenomena. I believe they think the source is "other", but are struggling to learn what that is. Ipso facto, we aren't going to know either. Maybe not ever.

Dr Jack Sarfatti, a scientist on the periphery of the mystery for many years, has said this:
"The material universe has a super-conscious cosmic mind...Also it is testable scientifically - not a matter of faith. "Consciousness" is a simple physical phenomenon like "gravity". I am quite serious here. This is a great discovery - perhaps the greatest ever."

Whether or not the UFOs are real is inconsequential as long as 'they' continue to evade all physical contact and communication. It's really not any different than a dream – during the experience it is completely real, but afterwards we realize it was not. Unless we can learn from or communicate with these supposed craft, they are little more than the stuff of dreams or imagination. Without absolute verification that they exist and are from another world, they have no real consequence to humankind. We can either believe in them or not, it makes no difference.

I'll take Occam's razor on this one. Either there are some earthly causes that can explain the sightings, or there are beings with technology far beyond our abilities that have continuously visited earth in many different forms and abilities, but refuse to communicate or otherwise allow direct knowledge of their existence, and have never left any tangible physical evidence of their presence.

My guess is the former over the latter.

Tony

PS: for a simplistic example see: Marfa Lights

Conjecture: Consciousness and direct experience of physical reality on Earth turn out to be valuable things. It may be the Phenomena doesn't have this, and for want of a better term, is jealous.

Agreed. And, as the top ten 2021 stories affirm, the investigations are gaining momentum and credibility. I also agree that space aliens are very probably not the source of the phenomena. IMHO, the answers are at least partly in the realm of consciousness.

FWIW, in 1964 ten strange objects maneuvered for 20 minutes over my fishing cabin on Hood Canal and the adjacent nuclear Sub Base Kitsap. Similar phenomena were observed over a 2 state area on the same evening. Because of my direct first person experience, witnessed by my family and thousands of others, I do not have the luxury of denying the phenomena exist.
I don't think anyone with reasonable intelligence can deny that the phenomena exist. Far too many accounts like yours. But until we know more about the phenomena---measurements and the like---calling the phenomena 'space aliens' and calling them 'The Flying Spaghetti Monster and are the result of being touched by His Noodley Appendage, rAmen!' have roughly equal validity. 😁

Consider that red sprites have been observed for over a century, possibly two centuries, but weren't photographed until 1989 (accidentally). And now we know more about upper atmospheric phenomena than we did before. It's probably going to take a while to change some of the UAP to IAP.

Best -- Terry
Sorry for bringing religion into this discussion, but...beer volcanoes and strippers in The FSM's afterlife! Probably have to hunt for a while to find the Sam Adams volcano, though. :)

IMVHO, so-called "alien abduction" is more of a mental or consciousness phenomenon than it is a real physical phenomenon. Think of the alien as cosmic, mythical, more like jolly old Santa Claus. He sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good...etc. 😋

TOTAL BS, there's never been a UFO crash anywhere remotely near a city of any size ,where multiple people can examine the damage and witness it , this is the #1 fact. The simple minded humans, or as I like to call them SHEEPLE, are always bewildered by a sense of wonderment that has them believing unbelievable things just for the simple recreational enjoyment. It's a product of their indoctrination into the world, as their parents blatantly lied to them for shear enjoyment and entertainment by having them believe in things like the Easter bunny, Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, the great flood, and all kinds of totally unbelievable nonsense. Somethings will never change.
Or perhaps the aliens are just great drivers…..very careful not to crash….probably the insurance rates are out of this world.

Or perhaps Earth is just a rest stop or restroom before heading further out into the cosmos. Would explain life and how we crawled out of the ocean on this planet…..their sewage dump grew into something….oh no.

I've thought in the past that if aliens were visiting it was to study young races. My other thought is the UAP/UFO's are small. At least the last ones. Either the aliens are an inch tall or the UAP/UFO's are "unmanned". Another thought is something as small as an average UAP doesn't look big enough for interstellar travel. So either there is a mother ship around or moving around space must have shortcuts.

Back