Camden, SC: ROSCO Sport Launch: 13-14 August

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it's 9 miles shorter and I don't have to drive through Columbia like I had to in the past.

Last edited:
For me it's 9 miles shorter and I don't have to drive through Columbia like I had to in the past.

So, it is 0.2% closer for you? 4,793 miles instead of 4,800...give or take. I wonder if you will notice the reduction! I'll think about that whenever I feel I have a long drive to the field...

Cheers
Michael

So where is everyone staying now that we wont have the Days Inn so close by?

Oh, a drive up single and duel floor hotel in Camden, down town for only $40 dollars a night.
plenty of places to eat and only about 11.8 miles away from the center of the launch site.

Cam.jpg

Cam2.jpg

Cam1.JPG

Oh, a drive up single and duel floor hotel in Camden, down town for only $40 dollars a night.
plenty of places to eat and only about 11.8 miles away from the center of the launch site.

Potential candidate for a host hotel!

I have a connection in Camden. Let's see if they can recommend someplace as well. CLEAN is my priority!

Cheers,
Michael

Oh my, I can launch the rockets I've built. It will be good to get involved after being away for so long.

Nope. We have to juggle schedules with the Boyscouts, RC planes, and Harvests. We also need to meet witht he owner and finalize their restrictions. I will call tomorrow for an update.

Thanks for your patience.

Ok,

It is official. We have a waiver and a field. We do not have a schedule.

The site is Modern Turf near Camden, SC. We have a higher waiver approved, but we will be limited the altitude until we get used to the field. There maybe other limits by the land owner.
That is great news! Congrats!

I knew I should have come out to the field the first couple of months this year.
Cause' now the itch to put up the H and I motors I have on hand is becoming almost unbearable.
:fly:

We have a schedule, but it might be January due a problem with December. None of the leadership is available.

I have confirmed that next launch is January 9-10. I will update the website this weekend.

Sweet. Enough time to finish up the paint on a few projects.
And, maybe even enough time to get the kit at the front of the build pile flight ready. It'll be my first foray into fiberglass.

Sorry if I missed it... what is the waiver? I know you're said you're limiting initial flights.

Jim, it will be conditions depending, but I would not expect to launch over 5000 feet the first flight. We will adjust it as we are comfortable.

We are keep the waiver quiet because we want to start slow.

Jim, it will be conditions depending, but I would not expect to launch over 5000 feet the first flight. We will adjust it as we are comfortable.

We are keep the waiver quiet because we want to start slow.

For goodness sake....STOP THIS GARBAGE ALREADY...put all the information out there and build some excitement!!!!! You have taken this whole "start slow" concept to an absolutely ridiculous level!!!

At this point I know of two people that will never come to the new site just because of how you are handling this. I am VERY close to that myself!

Last edited:
After lurking for years this is my first post.

Flew at Oburg for 20+ years with you and you're dead on tbe nail head as usual. I'm about there too!

I'll save my other comments for in person, don't want to get my account removed like everyone else that protests too much.

Jamey#5295

Being a member of ICBM, I thought I would hear about the new site, waiver, which weekend the launches are planned for, will we have EX launches etc... through a member email. No such luck! We hear little bits here and there on a public forum. Disappointed that there is so much secrecy for whatever reason. Some of us are excited that there is a new field but your lack of excitement and information is a turn off.

Dave,

I am updating the web site. I am open to you doing the work if you have the time and skill set.

Secrecy? I have released information as the landowner had allowed.

You commented on EX. At there start, there will be no EX. The landowner had initially said "no" to EX flights. There maybe more to come on this.

What other questions do folks have? I am more than willing to answer them.

Latest posts

Back