Building the Estes Little Joe II: Tips, Tricks, and Modifications

Discussion in 'Low Power Rocketry (LPR)' started by James Duffy, Jan 28, 2016.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Apr 27, 2019 #301

srfrich

srfrich

srfrich

If no progress on the stand yet, I contacted a small laser shop in San Diego (FLB Laser), and for a quantity of 6 or more, it would be $50 per stand, including materials (premium 1/4" Baltic Birch ply), sanding and cleaning of the finished cut pieces. Shipping and handling would be extra of course. But this may be a way to go forward on this. My question is, would this be an improper use of Daniel's file, if these stands are sold at cost?

2. May 5, 2019 #302

rocketguy101

rocketguy101

rocketguy101

I forwarded email addresses of folks who expressed interest in the stand to my friend at work that cut mine for me. He was going to experiment with different materials to see which would provide the best cut (the Luan he used for mine charred quite a bit, and some of the inner plies chipped out on the tiny crossbeams). He has been slammed at work with a hot project, and had some other laser home projects that had priority. He was going to get back on these, and is trying to figure out how to setup a payment system. I have been on vacation, and will check on progress this week.

Meanwhile, I am posting the FB link to the original file, as I'm not comfortable re-posting the file itself here without the creator's permission... https://www.facebook.com/groups/2255560886/permalink/10154885315670887/