Bigger Deuce

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to see the pix from the launch. Video would be kewl too! :)

Tom takes video's of everything.....and good ones too. I can't wait for him to get them uploaded on Youtube, and were at T-85hrs and counting.

There is no other way to describe this than pure bad@$$.

What motors are going in those cases?

Braden
They're EX M1100's. Almost identical performance to Aerotech M1419's but a little less fire and smoke. Here's my Goblin on a 75/3500 L800 using the same propellant. Goblin L800 Up Crop.JPG

They're EX M1100's. Almost identical performance to Aerotech M1419's but a little less fire and smoke. Here's my Goblin on a 75/3500 L800 using the same propellant. View attachment 125174

Which had a burn time of what seemed like FOREVER!:D Weather forecast is calling for some most excellent rocket flying weather! See ya at the field!

I'll toss in any help you need Tom
should be a hoot!

As will I!:) I have been really un-motivated and don't have squat prepped yet:eek: BUT,I will be there and fly something, even if it is LPR!:roll:

Tom
I am looking forward to seeing this in person. It looks awesome.

Guy

It was an AWESOME flight! Got to 5444'..Picture perfect dual recovery flight! The on board video is bound to be spectacular!

When I got to the field yesterday, I installed the motors and readied the thermite igniters. Deuce98 Preppeda.jpg
Final assembly was at the pad, this being the first rocket too big to fit the van assembled. Shortly after 4:00 it was ready :grin: Deuce98 pad 1a.jpg
It was a picture perfect flight. Lots of hours and $$ for 3 minutes! Deuce98 boost M1100.JPG
The video is still uploading, will post links when done.

Thanks to all who expressed an interest in the project. It was fun.
That's the hobby - all the hours and $$$ depending on the push of a button :) Once pushed, there's nothing you can do if things don't go well...
Also thanks to those who helped at the launch and my mom, who helped in making the motors :)
A special thanks to Jim Flis - for the design :smile:

Here's the video - something is happening to the ground camera, it's wavy in the vertical - but just on this clip :mad:
Ground [YOUTUBE]JjGPJ0RldZ8[/YOUTUBE]
Onboard [YOUTUBE]3OHL_wbL-GU[/YOUTUBE]

Tom
A beautiful flight on a beautiful day in Orangeburg. The onboard video is great!

Thanks
Guy

You say the motors were 98mm / 7680 M1100? Are those Aerotech? I don't see those as being current motors from them. :confused:

Oh coooooool. Thanks.

I love the design of this cluster. Has anyone ever done the same thing with 4 engines?

Oh coooooool. Thanks.

I love the design of this cluster. Has anyone ever done the same thing with 4 engines?

I think you might be trying to fuel Tom's mind. He does have the know how and the ambition for startling projects. Yeah Tom, how bout a "Thrice Wild" or a "Quad Wild". Your Mom will have to work overtime prepping motors with you on that note.

Back