Anyone going to URRG in NY, October 7th or 8th 2023 for the club launch?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

86mustang408w

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Heading up again from Pa, I dont think the vendor its going to be there so I haven't built anything for a L1 cert flight. Just going to get some mid power stuff in the air. Anyone else going?

Oh ok, I have no idea who Ken is, lol. I was up Sept 9th and met with club president Larry, and then Teddy from One Bad Hawk. I'm going to keep an eye on the weather but I doubt I'll have one ready to fly. I didnt know how many vendors showed(or any) up I figured it was maybe just one. The weather that day was bad too and it rained quite a bit, but I didn't being any rockets with and probably would have my L1 right now it was a low crowd. I had a great time and hope to see and meet a few more guys. Maybe a long shot but do you recognize these rockets? He said he was from CT and drives down..

But anyways I'll only be going Saturday unless it rains and doesn't Sunday. That case I'll be up Sunday instead. I'm about 2.5 hours away in Bloomsburg, PA.

Attachments

• 20230909_132320.jpg
    20230909_132320.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 0
Sorry, should’ve made that more clear. Ken (performance hobbies) along with Teddy from Onebadhawk, are typically our main two “on site” vendors all throughout the year.

We’re just about 3 hours on the nose away, and located right outside Nicholson, PA.

Hopefully the weather holds up. Crops should be down without a doubt, so perfect flying conditions. The thing I love about this month is that it’s not too hot, and not too cold. Unless some freak thing happens. But it should be a great weekend if no rain.

Anyways, good luck on all your flights!

Sorry, should’ve made that more clear. Ken (performance hobbies) along with Teddy from Onebadhawk, are typically our main two “on site” vendors all throughout the year.

We’re just about 3 hours on the nose away, and located right outside Nicholson, PA.

Hopefully the weather holds up. Crops should be down without a doubt, so perfect flying conditions. The thing I love about this month is that it’s not too hot, and not too cold. Unless some freak thing happens. But it should be a great weekend if no rain.

Anyways, good luck on all your flights!
Ok, this past Sept 9th was my first time ever up there. We could only go for the day I felt horrible because they all wanted us to come down the campsite and eat, hangout afterwards. I wasn't feeling well and almost didn't make the trip that day. But I wanted to go just see if that was a good place, it is. One thing that threw me off was someone told me they require any E motor rocket and above to have rail buttons not lugs, not true at all.......They ended up canceling the the Sunday launch due to rain and the corn. I really don't have one ready and honestly to get one ready by next weekend just isn't going to happen. I set a goal for next spring/summer and want to take it easy. I feel I'm ready, I just want a few more things before I make that attempt. Its eating at me daily, lol.

But Ted and his wife said he had a conflict and wouldnt be there Oct 7th and 8th. Or Sunday Sept 10th I would have been building one. I have a few im going to bring uobI wanted to get up in the air, once they are done I'll move to the next one. Honesty Sept 9th there was maybe 30 people total, not even that. They put up about 8 all day.

Wish I could make it up but will be at the Metra club in NY that weekend.
I'm looking at the weather, I'm only going one day with clear or decent weather Saturday is the main choice. Last time would have been perfect for my L1, I realize I missed that opportunity. But coming off some not very good launch days and working on rockets daily since May, I needed and wanted a break. I plan to fly with them indefinitely, we might meet.

I will probably go regardless because I want to launch the Macho-Magg on a couple of similar motors to get some flight data.
I'm definitely going to launch something but probably nothing high power I don't have one ready yet. I didn't know 2 vendors would show up or I would have one done and ready.

Last edited:
Pending on how far I am with my L3 project, I might make the trip on Sat. This will all depend on how far along I am on the L3 project since I am flying it the following weekend.

Well its looking like rain both days, I'm not sure I'm up for a 6 hour round trip for just low power stuff. I might hold off, but man I've seen many videos and it looks wild. I was up there Sept 9th but only a few showed up(like 20 total).

So anyone else have thoughts on this weekend and the crop too? I wonder if they cut the field yet?

Pending on how far I am with my L3 project, I might make the trip on Sat. This will all depend on how far along I am on the L3 project since I am flying it the following weekend.
I have the same issue, I'm going the 14th to fly also with another club here in Pa, so I may pass this weekend. I live in PA and its a long almost 6 hour round trip that's not very physically easy for me and I only have low power stuff right now. If the weather looked good I would be all in, but things are not lining up enough to make it worth it this time.

I have not cancelled yet, but it is hanging by a thread.
Yeah, last month they canceled Sunday and it rained Saturday. I may wait until Saturday and see what happens Sunday, if they cancel. Its a long drive for me so I'm playing it day by day....

Wheres the best place to see updates, the website? The Facebook page doesn't have much traffic. I've emailed Larry with other questions but im not bugging him for this.

Edit: nevermind you know this, lol. Sorry!

I will not be making it as I have way to much to do on my L3 rocket. At this point I will be flying it naked.

Same here. Haven’t flown anything since July :( Was hoping that would change this weekend. Oh well.

We still have a tiny chance something might happen in our favor I guess. We‘ll see.
They rescheduled for Oct 21st and 22nd, this weekend wasn't looking good for me anyways....I will try to make it Sat the 21st...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231004-202548_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231004-202548_Chrome.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back