Another LHS Bites the Dust

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judo

Reaction score
HobbyTown USA here in Jacksonville has begun to close their doors. They catered almost exclusively to the RC crowd, but they were the only place in town that carried anything Aerotech.

Today I picked up the last of their AP:
E20-7 2-pack
E18-4 24/40 RMS
D15-5 24/40 RMS

Those last two are nice because I just purchased a 24mm RMS case.

I also picked up a pack of BT-80 tubing I needed for a repair. I only needed about 5" so I grabbed the only PNC-80B they had. I also purchased an Estes Fin Alignment Guide. I've been wanting one of those for a long, long time.

I left behind a Saturn V, a Big Daddy, Big Bertha, Baby Bertha and a bunch of Classic Kits. I noticed some very cool Quest kits on the pegs. They looked to have a Shrox influence. I'm full up on low-power kits so I grabbed none. Finally, I left the two Aerotech kits: Mirage and Mustang.

The RC folks were clearing the shelves of low dollar electric planes and stocking up on often needed replacment parts.

and stocking up on often needed replacment parts.
A year or so ago HTUSA in Columbia, MO, where MU is, closed. When stock was sold off there were RC car and truck parts valued around $10,000 - that's a lot of money sitting on the shelf.

Is disappointing to lose the local store.

HobbyTown USA here in Jacksonville has begun to close their doors. They catered almost exclusively to the RC crowd, but they were the only place in town that carried anything Aerotech.

Today I picked up the last of their AP:
E20-7 2-pack
E18-4 24/40 RMS
D15-5 24/40 RMS

Those last two are nice because I just purchased a 24mm RMS case.

I also picked up a pack of BT-80 tubing I needed for a repair. I only needed about 5" so I grabbed the only PNC-80B they had. I also purchased an Estes Fin Alignment Guide. I've been wanting one of those for a long, long time.

I left behind a Saturn V, a Big Daddy, Big Bertha, Baby Bertha and a bunch of Classic Kits. I noticed some very cool Quest kits on the pegs. They looked to have a Shrox influence. I'm full up on low-power kits so I grabbed none. Finally, I left the two Aerotech kits: Mirage and Mustang.

The RC folks were clearing the shelves of low dollar electric planes and stocking up on often needed replacment parts.

Do you recall how much the Estes and Quest kits were? Were they reduced
at a certain percentage?

Back