Airborne Surveillance Missile

Discussion in 'Low Power Rocketry (LPR)' started by n8ncl, Jul 31, 2003.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Jul 31, 2003 #1

n8ncl

n8ncl

n8ncl

Hi their, I am looking for info on this rocket. I was made by Estes
    I think around late 70's early 80's. The product code is 0867 Airborne Surveillance Missile. I found it listed on JimZ web site but I can't get clear enough measurements of the fins or the length of the nose cone and what the taper on it is or the dia. at the top of the nose cone . I was thinking of doing a up scale as my level 3 project and a friend of mine wants to do one 6x for his level 2 hypertek project. So if some one has one laying around that could please get me some measurements of the fins and nose cone.

thank you very much....

Mike Jenkins NAR #81653 L2[​IMG]

2. Jul 31, 2003 #2

n3tjm

n3tjm

n3tjm

Papa Elf

I love that rocket... probabily one of the best mini-motor kits Estes made. I had a kit... it had some missing parts though :mad:. I don't know what happened to the kit, so sorry, I can not help you :(. BTW, Welcome to the forum :D.

3. Jul 31, 2003 #3

graylensman

graylensman

graylensman

Do you have access to an application like Illustrator or CorelDraw? If you know the diameter of the body tube, you can use that as a starting point to make reasonable estimations of relationships of parts. It's not perfect and won't be accurate to nine places but might be good enough for building purposes.

4. Jul 31, 2003 #4

PGerringer

PGerringer

PGerringer

Ruler of Heck

Niiiiice rocket. I would love to see a level 3 of that bird. Would you put in cameras and such to make it truley a "Surveillance" rocket?

Another good tool to try is RockSim. You should be able to design a rocket like that one. Unfortunatly without exact measurements, close will be about the best you can do.

Don't forget to make pictures of your progress... :)

5. Jul 31, 2003 #5

Stymye

Stymye

Stymye

n8ncl

the body tubes are a bt-5 X 5.10 long

and bt-50 X 6.5 long the transition can be figured with the template widget..

the nose cone is a bt50j..

I have attatched the fins and nosecone drawing in actuall size

6. Jul 31, 2003 #6

Stymye

Stymye

Stymye

7. Jul 31, 2003 #7

JeffK

JeffK

JeffK

I posted a Rocksim file of the ASM to EMRR. if you look there for it under Estes OOP you should find it. Though if you don;t have rocksim it'll be a little rough :)

I've cloned thius and made a 1.68x upscale of it as it is one of my all-time favorites. If you still need them when I get home from work, I'll post the measurements I have.

Jeff K

Edit: I've also redrawn the decals for it to put on my clone. Since they're all white, I had to wait until I got my ALPS printer. NOW I've got to order some more paper (should have it next week) and I'll be printing off decals if anyone's interested in cloning this one.

8. Aug 1, 2003 #8

n8ncl

n8ncl

n8ncl

I would like to thank everyone for their help. I think I may have enough stuff to go by for now. Far as the camera goes we'll have to see what happens.

Mike J NAR# 81653 L2