Project AetherOwl

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll answer in order

1 it’s really cool, because it’s literally everything, every single thing is made of atoms and every other physics is what happens when they get together.

2 fission but when I was 12 I wanted to build a fusor ( got as far as designing one that should have achieved fusion)

3 propulsion/ applied also NTP stands for nuclear thermal propulsion, its what I’d most like to work on.

4 I always have loved science and I discovered it early on, I guess I just thought that it was really cool and made sense to me

5 I plan to attend Virginia tech for
Aerospace Engineering and get a BE and eventually I’d love to work with nuclear propulsion systems since I feel that they are the gateway to the planets.

As someone with a BS in AeroE, if your primary interest was in NTP, my recommendation would be majoring in Nuclear Engineering, with a minor or double major in Astrophysics. Even though I focused on the Astro side, almost half my workload was focused on things relating to airplanes that aren't terribly relevant to spaceflight.
Of course you could always just get a Masters or PHd in NucE after you get your BE.

As someone with a BS in AeroE, if your primary interest was in NTP, my recommendation would be majoring in Nuclear Engineering, with a minor or double major in Astrophysics. Even though I focused on the Astro side, almost half my workload was focused on things relating to airplanes that aren't terribly relevant to spaceflight.
Of course you could always just get a Masters or PHd in NucE after you get your BE.
I still really like aerospace and i like planes just not as much.

UPDATE
This design has been upscaled to a 4 inch airframe, set up for dual deployment, and a surprise feature… it is 2-stage ready! The upscaled version has been renamed “Aether Osprey,” and is now available from Dragon Rocketry.

Steely

I have my osprey just waiting on the booster early next week.. on the booster is it possible to get some tube and a nosecone to make it the nuclear Crowbar? Or is it altered in a way that's not possible? Just love having 3 rockets in one ;)

I have my osprey just waiting on the booster early next week.. on the booster is it possible to get some tube and a nosecone to make it the nuclear Crowbar? Or is it altered in a way that's not possible? Just love having 3 rockets in one ;)
It is modified and would not work as a crowbar. It is just a booster.

Back