Help Locating a Fellow Rocketeer from Argonia Airfest/LDRS out of Kansas City (I think)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyrobob

Reaction score
So I met this guy back around 2005 at an Argonia launch. It may have been LDRS or Airfest (I'm leaning on Airfest). Anyhow, he had a beautiful Phoenix missile-like model that was literally built around the Aerotech 54-1706 motor, and roughly 4" in diameter and maybe 3' tall. Big motor, little rocket, at least for its time. It was a sun-seeking rocket that I'm pretty sure he said flew on K550's. Either he or a friend mentioned they literally cast their own aluminum fins, which in my mind was quite a feet, and that they were out of Kansas City (I think). Anyhow, I sure would like to remember who this guy was or find projects similar to it. It was a stunning piece that I'll never forget. He was roughly in his late 50's, maybe early 60's. Real nice and helpful guy. Thanks in advance!

Larry was a fun guy to be around. Challenging at times, but overall, a neat guy to watch work his magic.

Did not know he passed. When did he pass away, @rfjustin ?

I called Tim L. for confirmation of his last name, it was years ago.
Larry Mills was a great friend of the Kloudbusters. Just prior to him moving to California, he donated a trailerable high power pad he built to the club. It’s on the range every AirFest. It’s known as the Larry pad in his honor and memory.

Thanks gentlemen for the intel. Wish I had more time to spend with him. Sounds like a Kosdon kind of guy :).

Back