2nd Annual TRF Gathering

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jim,

Great pic's of the Whitakers launch.

I can identify two pic's for ya.
On Day 2 Pic# P6171457 is me, (Paul Hoetjes) with my Sky Dart.
Also on day 2, Pic# P6171461 is my Sky Dart lifting off on an AT H128-10W.

Paul Hoetjes

great reports and pix everyone! I will find some time tomorrow to update the photo albums with the information provided here.

Carl, I couldn't have said it better. The feel of *family* was incredible. Here, in TRF is one thing, but to witness it in person is just so wonderful!

jim

Doug,
I WISH i had the bandwidth to check out the videos, but 56K just won't cut it.

Jim,
the orange and blue duece on the rail with the stingray and in the air just before carl's tres is mine. GREAT shot of the tres btw.

chuck

Originally posted by Adam Selene
Doug,
I WISH i had the bandwidth to check out the videos, but 56K just won't cut it.

Sorry that the videos are on the large size. While going through the CMASS launch videos, I finally figured out how to make smaller video files without loosing quality. The downsides to new technology... I have to relearn how to use this software since I am now using digital equipment ;)

I will be making these videos smaller Sunday :)

Very nice video's Doug! A+++ What software are you using on your computer? I'm using Pinnacle...just wondering what you use.

Edward

Oh oh, Doug....

This site has exceeded it's daily transfer limit. Please return again tomorrow! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Stones
Oh oh, Doug....

This site has exceeded it's daily transfer limit. Please return again tomorrow! :rolleyes:

I know :(. I never got that before! This must be something new for them :(.

Originally posted by PAH
For those of you that attended the April 2 day sport launch at Whitakers, a new article was printed in the local paper. See link below.

<a href="https://www.rockymounttelegram.com/featr/newsfd/auto/feed/features/2004/05/01/1083460610.05522.4042.4131.html">Article Link</a>

Paul Hoetjes

Boo! No mention of rocketeers coming all the way from Florida! :( I suppose we fall in the "other states" category. :rolleyes: j/k - a "shout out" to Florida would have been kewl. :p

Jason and I will take one for the team. It's great to see that the local media outlet recognized this hobby as a happening event in their area. I can't wait until next year. Sheesh... 1 year is a LONG time to wait for another TRF meet!

Originally posted by eugenefl
I can't wait until next year. Sheesh... 1 year is a LONG time to wait for another TRF meet!

Maybe we should try and arrange something down here in Florida. Say, in the
October or November timeframe. Just in time for the winter snows to kick
in up north... :)

yeah, lets do it again!
anytime in october AFTER the first weekend works for me! november's no good though.

I'm all for a mini-TRF meet over at NEFAR or even over here in Tampa at HERC! Heck...everytime HERC meets it's like a TRF meet! A good 80% of all fliers in attendance are TRF members! :D :D

Jason

The Sun News in Myrtle Beach, SC today reprinted the article about Whitakers the was in the Rocky Mt. paper.

Attention Admins:

Since this event is now past, would it be possible to remove the sticky? Just clutter control is all...Thanks!

Originally posted by eugenefl
Attention Admins:

Since this event is now past, would it be possible to remove the sticky? Just clutter control is all...Thanks!

Testing...testing...is this mic on? :)

or we could just talk some more about what a great time we had and how everybody that didn't show up doesn't know what they missed!:D

Back