4th Annual TRF Reunion - April 22-23, 2006 - Whitakers, NC

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I had to cool off a bit before I really replied.:(

I am really upset by this. When did this new "problem" start?

Should I just cancel my plans for next weekend? This is really short notice since I'm taking time off of work to drive there.

I thought you guys had been flying at this location for years?

Besides turkeys what hunting season is in the end of April in NC?

OK, i think i can keep it clean now.

I was planning on Oburg next month anyway so i'll be there.

Gordon, come on out to NERRF in June. It was a great time last year, a bunch of TRFers were there.
of course not Phil, or Mark, or Ken, or Randy or Carl, or Eugene.

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

boo! hiss!! argh! gggrrrrrrrrrr

And Gordy and I were all set to eat all of Carl's food too! :D

As I understand it, they are still looking into getting the FAA clearences for yet an*other* field, but... I will give it till Tuesday afternoon before I call anything off. Kathy is taking time off of work for this and if we don't go she's gotta get her hours back...

man...

Originally posted by bsexton
...It seems our activities are interfering with the wildlife and a group of hunters that hold a contract for exclusive hunting rights have formally protested our presence to the landowners.
I don't mean to stir anything up, honest I don't, but the launch is being cancelled out of concern for the welfare of the animals by the people who are planning to shoot them? :confused: :confused: :confused:

OK then. :kill:

Originally posted by Gus
I don't mean to stir anything up, honest I don't, but the launch is being cancelled out of concern for the welfare of the animals by the people who are planning to shoot them? :confused: :confused: :confused:

OK then. :kill:
Now that there is funny! :D

Good one, Gus!

Now I recall a pretty good sized herd of cattle used to be in that field when it was a pasture.

They didn't seem to be afraid of the rockets.

Naw, this sounds like a pretty lame excuse to me. We would have been flying rockets in an open field with a really good view...I don't recall seeing and "huntable" animals in that pasture.

Sorta like the "Soccer" stories but this time they have guns.

well, the land owners don't need an excuse.

NAR needs to go into the sod farming business in a big way.

Very disappointing news!!!!!!!! But, I personally was going to be unable to make it. Still too tired and weak to make that kind of trip. I look forward to the next TRF meet.

Hey, lets turn Oburg into the new TRF launch location. :D

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac

Hey, lets turn Oburg into the new TRF launch location. :D

Let's at least make somewhere the TRF location for this year!
we can't NOT have a launch can we?
Oburg works for me.

Oburg sounds good, I can probably find time to go down there.

BTW, congrats on 7k posts Sandman

I think Orangeburg would be good as long as it is in the summer as I have no time for weekend launches until mid-June (Maybe the 10-11th). Also, by then I'll be full L1 certed so i can do some fun stuff.
Reed

PS: David, that's just a sign of age;) Actually, I guess it could be a sign of obsession, or both:D

Originally posted by Reed Goodwin
I think Orangeburg would be good as long as it is in the summer as I have no time for weekend launches until mid-June (Maybe the 10-11th). Also, by then I'll be full L1 certed so i can do some fun stuff.
Reed

TRF'ers, come down for the SCIPower Launch at Orangeburg.

Saturday July 1st will be a TRA Sport launch; Sunday the 2nd and Monday the 3rd will be a TRA Research launch.

Many vendors will be onsite, and SkyRipper will be there for demos and information. Many vendors have submitted door prizes.

Check it out: https://www.tripolisc.org/modules/cjaycontent/index.php?id=16

Ed

I'm planning on being at LDRS that weekend. but if gas keeps going up i may do SCIPower instead.

I've heard nothing different on the launch so I'm going to schedule work appointments for tomorrow and NOT drive to North Carolina.

Yep, same here (pretty much)...

I'm going to attend my clubs (CMASS) first launch of the season on Saturday then Kathy and I are going deep into the wilds of Maine for some much needed R&R. Comune with the moose, as it were :)

jim

Originally posted by jflis

I'm going to attend my clubs (CMASS) first launch of the season on Saturday then Kathy and I are going deep into the wilds of Maine for some much needed R&R. Comune with the moose, as it were :)

jim

:eek: :eek: :eek:
And how does the moose feel about that?:D ;) :p

I suppose it depends on what part of the moose you're comuning with. Personally, I'd avoid the pointed parts up front...

Enjoy the R&R Jim. You certainly deserve it!

Communist moose in Maine? :confused: :confused:

First I've heard of it.

Originally posted by jflis

jim

Does Kathy know you called her a moose???

I don't know what the weather was like at Whitakers today, but it's been raining/drizzling and looking gray all day today. So, there are some "sweet lemons" for you disappointed folks. I don't know if anyone ever consults the weather almanacs, but it seems like every Whitakers launch I have been to in April has been rained on.

Hopefully a field will be allocated for future local launches.

thunderstorms on and off all day today at the NC/SC border, not good flying weather.

but i'd rather be under a tarp watching it rain and talking rockets with a bunch of TRFers than sitting in front of this powerbook watching it rain thru the window.

the club in charlotte is having their weekend camping launch next weekend, we should all go invade there. about the same distance for a lot of us.

Lots of rain and thunderstorms around 12:00-1:00pm today around the Raleigh area.

Back