Wireless Launch controll

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the one I bought a couple of weeks ago. I got around to playing with it this morning. First thing I noticed, buttons A,B,C,D are inverse of the relays... A=4, B=3, C=2 and D=1.
Second thing, I wanted to try to rig this up so in order to fire, you had to hold down A and D... I could NOT make it work that way.
I was able to make it work like I wanted using relays 1/2, Buttons C/D... both have to be down to fire.
When trying to use relays 3/4, they acted differently, either latching, or a 'flash' on/off...
There are NO instructions with these units. I just played with it for awhile. Bob, if you have any idea how to make all 4 relays momentary, so I can do A/D, please let me know.
Also, if you have worked out any kind of instructions, please post them... it would be SOOOO helpful. I found a little bit of info that I attached here.
The Txt file might be correct for a similar version, but as I said above, my relays/buttons are backwards. Need to play with the jumpers a bit more.

Thanks!

Ron

This is how the one I ordered is suppose to work:

Mode Toggle: Only connect Jumper-2.
Press big button: Turn on relay 1 (connect B and C, disconnect A and B)
Press big button again: Turn off relay 1 (disconnect B and C, connect A and B)
Press small button: Turn on relay 2 (connect B and C, disconnect A and B)
Press small button again: Turn off relay 2 (disconnect B and C, connect A and B)
Mode Momentary: Only connect Jumper-1.
Press big button and hold: Turn on relay 1 (connect B and C, disconnect A and B)
Release big button: Turn off relay 1 (disconnect B and C, connect A and B)
Press small button and hold: Turn on relay 2 (connect B and C, disconnect A and B)
Release small button: Turn off relay 2 (disconnect B and C, connect A and B)
Mode Latched: Do not connect Jumper-1 and Jumper-2.
Press big button: Turn on relay 1 (connect B and C, disconnect A and B)
Turn off relay 2 (disconnect B and C, connect A and B)
Press small button: Turn on relay 2 (connect B and C, disconnect A and B)
Turn off relay 1 (disconnect B and C, connect A and B)

This is the one I bought a couple of weeks ago. I got around to playing with it this morning. First thing I noticed, buttons A,B,C,D are inverse of the relays... A=4, B=3, C=2 and D=1.
Second thing, I wanted to try to rig this up so in order to fire, you had to hold down A and D... I could NOT make it work that way.
I was able to make it work like I wanted using relays 1/2, Buttons C/D... both have to be down to fire.
When trying to use relays 3/4, they acted differently, either latching, or a 'flash' on/off...
There are NO instructions with these units. I just played with it for awhile. Bob, if you have any idea how to make all 4 relays momentary, so I can do A/D, please let me know.
Also, if you have worked out any kind of instructions, please post them... it would be SOOOO helpful. I found a little bit of info that I attached here.
The Txt file might be correct for a similar version, but as I said above, my relays/buttons are backwards. Need to play with the jumpers a bit more.

Thanks!

Ron
Ron

The lack of instructions is the problem with this unit.

It appears to be well constructed, however I won't use it for a launch controller until I'm 100% convinced I understand how it works, and I don't have the time at present.

Bob

I did not realize that . I looked at the description and did not see it. Amazon probably would have been cheaper. Live and Learn. I did order the 315 MHz that is for the US. They offered 433 MHz also but I think that is for Europe.
A clarification. My understanding is that the RF signals from the 315 MHz transmitters are only on when the button is pressed. You get operational functions such as latching (push on/push off relay switching) and jogging by logic circuitry in the receiver/relay controller box.

Bob

Hobby pyro folks have used units similar to the amazon units for years. I haven't kept up with the forum, but his forum used to have a wealth of information on the conversion of them to systems for pyro: https://www.pyrouniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/16-Firing-Systems

You'll probably have to search around a bit though, as I don't see anything on the first page that obviously discusses them.

I built a system in 2007 or so that used 12x 12 channel boards for 144 cues. I think the functions have advanced quite a bit since then, so any advice I have is probably outdated. I would follow jus_rockets' advice and change the 8 bit code so others are less likely to trigger yours. There isn't much concern about stray signals triggering unless someone else is operating with the same code. They transmit a 100ms or so (I forget exactly) signal that is encoded somehow-ie, a blip on 315 mhz won't set your rocket off.

Latest posts

Back