Wildman needs your help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We recently have had a minor screw up to the website and lost a lot of our rocket pictures .
So i figured never a better time than now to update the website.
If you own a any of our rocket kits and have a picture of it please post it here and it could end up on the

We recently have had a minor screw up to the website and lost a lot of our rocket pictures .
If you own a any of our rocket kits and have a picture of it please post it here and it could end up on the the Wildman website representing that kit .
Thank you
for the Help
Tim
Ultimate Darkstar

Attachments

• galixy S5 3-2015 235.jpg
    galixy S5 3-2015 235.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 0
If you own a any of our rocket kits and have a picture of it please post it here and it could end up on the the Wildman website representing that kit .
Thank you
for the Help
Tim
Dominator 4

Attachments

• galixy S5 3-2015 310.jpg
    galixy S5 3-2015 310.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 0
I practiced on some cardboard with a rattle can first. I mounted the rocket on a pole and kept an equal distance from the can and rocket as I painted. I have a second one with a fade that my wife rotated the pole the rocket was on but the first method worked better in my experience. Sadly “Bomb Pop” suffered an ejection charge failure on her maiden flight. Haven’t decided if I’m rebuilding her or starting new.

VERY COOL !
This ones also modified. Instead of a 48 invh booster its 60 inch booster. Instead of having a payload section, the payload section has been eliminated. Instead of standard configuration of dual deployment, this is head end deployment. 98mm motor mount. Capable of flying 4 inch O motors. With everything but propellant for a N1000 flight it only weighs 25 lbs.

This ones also modified. Instead of a 48 invh booster its 60 inch booster. Instead of having a payload section, the payload section has been eliminated. Instead of standard configuration of dual deployment, this is head end deployment. 98mm motor mount. Capable of flying 4 inch O motors. With everything but propellant for a N1000 flight it only weighs 25 lbs.
So without a payload bay do you place the tracker at the top of the nose cone ? How do you handle ejection charges.

So without a payload bay do you place the tracker at the top of the nose cone ? How do you handle ejection charges.
The Av bay is the coupler for the nose cone. Inside it is a Raven4 and Missileworks RRc2 Altimeters and a Featherweight GPS tracking system. The drouge is on the booster side, attaching directly to the motor and the nose cone coupler. The main packs inside the nosecone above the avbay /nose cone coupler. Charges are standard bp charges on each end with back up. This should hit close to 35k on a N1000. Over 40 on an O.

Simply stunning! Do you have a method for the fading color to color painting? Again I'm very new and trying to pick up as many tips as possible while keeping a measure twice cut once attitude... 👍
Painting a fade like this takes time and practice. You also have to have the correct colors to do it and make it blend. I also shoot with automotive paints and paint guns as well as air brush. Ive done it with rattle can but its much more difficult. You just have to do sweeping mists to get coverage and blend the colors. The darker color gets blended to the lighter color usually.

Back