What are you listening to?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now it's later in the day...but it's still the day it is, and now I've put on this (absolutely stellar) album.
(and yes, I know that the Pogues are actually from London).

and while this one is technically Australian/Scottish (by Eric Bogle), the Pogues are doing it, it's stunningly good, and that's Irish enough for me:

RIP Shane MacGowan,
s6

So yes, this weekend is St. Patrick's Day.
But it's also my dad's birthday (who passed away last year).

In his honor/memory, I've also been listening to some of his favourites, that were very much part of the soundtrack of my days as just a wee lad.
Thanks dad for exposing me to these (and many others):

miss you dad,
s6

Went to a Joe Bonamassa concert...

WOW. Even better than I thought.

Dude can play. I've seen Joe Walsh, Kenny Wayne Sheppard, Eddie Van Halen, and Nancy Wilson.

He's not even in the same sphere as those......and the finesse is really hard to describe.

Went to a Joe Bonamassa concert...

WOW. Even better than I thought.

Dude can play. I've seen Joe Walsh, Kenny Wayne Sheppard, Eddie Van Halen, and Nancy Wilson.

He's not even in the same sphere as those......and the finesse is really hard to describe.
In retrospect, I think my comments may have been misinterpreted. He is better than them, and it's not close.

If you can make Kenny Wayne Shepherd look weak....

If I live long enough, I'll watch him again.

A death metal band, Shadow of Intent, just released an orchestral version of their album Elegy. Even if you don't like heavy music, check it out and crank the headphones up. It is really good.

I have many musical heroes.
Dave Alvin is one of them.
Today I'm listening to him..........

s6

Back