What are you listening to?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had this in my head all morning. Great track.

OMG!

I literally knew a woman named Lurlene! My Dad, before he passed away, used to work at the Handy Ace Hardware in Tucker, GA. One of his coworkers was named Lurlene. Wish I'd known this song was out there before Dad passed. He'd have loved it!

Johnny thunders and the Courettes.... You cant put your arms around a memory. Johnny has been dead for 30 years, yet the courettes did a 'duet' with him. Kind of fun, if you are into that kind of thing. Sentimental Johnny?

Plus Johnny doing Born to Lose...

The heartbreakers, Johnny, Jerry, and Richard Hell

Power pop meets punk. What Stiv Bators was listening while he was waiting for his pizza to be delivered.

For bonus points check out the movie Smithereens, with Richard Hell 'acting?' and music from the Feelies.

Last edited:
Since others have posted some Irish/Celtic bits, and with March 16 being tomorrow, I've been indulging in my own roots.
For the record, I actually play celtic music (irish bouzouki mostly), and have a lot of "the blood" running through my veins.
And for me, celtic music begins with Planxty, so I'll start with my mother's side in Ireland with this....

s6

And just for good measure, let's go back to Planxty with an amazing Irish take on a Bulgarian tune....
(and no, I have no Bulgarian heritage)

s6

There is a thread on the Steve Hoffman forum on When We.. mentioning the heavy bass, many owners of the 'consumer' tables complaining about distortion when actually its because the cartridges can't track the bass. The vinyl version appears to get good ratings except for a glow in the dark vinyl version which doesn't sound good apparently.

Back