Ways NOT to use Glue—- Hair Spray. Do NOT try this at home!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Gorilla Glue incident bolsters my contention that a 2006 film, Idiocrasy, is one of the funniest films ever made. And profoundly prophetic. The only thing it got wrong is the timing. It had the main character sleeping 500 years into the idiotic future. I think the idiocy is going to overwhelm us a lot earlier than that!

OK, but to the assembled experts out there...

If you WERE to use glue in your hair, what type of glue would be best?

:popcorn:
Well personally, I think Tessica clearly demonstrated the superior staying power of Gorilla Spray Adhesive, and that will definitely be my go-to solution next time I need a lasting and reliable hairspray!!!

Well personally, I think Tessica clearly demonstrated the superior staying power of Gorilla Spray Adhesive, and that will definitely be my go-to solution next time I need a lasting and reliable hairspray!!!
Here! Here! My wife is always complaining about the state of (what's left of) my hair!

My lawn mower manual does not warn against using it to trim hair, maybe she should try that.

But I betcha your lawn mower manual advises against stopping the spinning blade with your hands...

Or "in a manner inconsistent with intended use..."

From the pictures I've seen, I think the problem is not that she got glue in her hair (that could be cut off), but rather that she got it all over her scalp. I don't think you cut that part off.

She’s also trying to sue Gorilla because of it and people started a GoFundMe for her which I heard she’s going to use they money from to sue even though the donations say for medical bills. She ****** around and found out. It’s her fault and no one else and she needs to own up to it.

A reasonable jury would conclude that the glue actually worked exactly as she intended it to, as a hair fixative; therefore she has no basis of complaint.

FYI, the Gorilla spray glue carries a Danger Label. For those who don't already know, Danger is defined as -- This product WILL kill you or WILL cause substantial injury if you do not follow instructions.

Caution = can injure you
Warning = can kill you
Danger = WILL kill you

She's now up to $19,754 of her $1500 "goal". Payday!!! Stupid news report showing her walking outside LAX on her way to her Beverly Hills glue-specializing plastic surgeon, hah ha ha!

Per BSchultz above, Idiocracy has indeed arrived early. If anybody's not familiar with this flick, the opening scenes can be viewed here (it's under 5 minutes)...

She's now up to $19,754 of her $1500 "goal". Payday!!! Stupid news report showing her walking outside LAX on her way to her Beverly Hills glue-specializing plastic surgeon, hah ha ha!

Per BSchultz above, Idiocracy has indeed arrived early. If anybody's not familiar with this flick, the opening scenes can be viewed here (it's under 5 minutes)...

As much as I love Mike Judge, I just can't bring myself to watch Idiocracy. I fear it will feel too real and give me suicidal depression.

Question. Will her hair grow out under the GG? If so, in a month, they should be able to slip a razor under her GG cap and slowly cut it off.
you can tell I have been scratch building rockets too long.

When I first read this I read it as “CG”, not “GG” (Gorilla Glue.)

my first thought was, “who cares where the CG is, she’s still gonna be unstable!” Then i realized my mistake.

Although I am still wondering whether my initial conclusion is still correct.

She's now up to $19,754 of her $1500 "goal". Payday!!!
Exactly. this is truly frightening. Although I doubt THIS was preplanned, this is someone that definitely successfully milked the lemon for a heck of a lot of lemonade (to mix metaphors). What scares me is that it could encourage people to do additional stupid and possibly even more dangerous things, post them on social media in hopes of going viral, and start a GoFundMe page hoping for the same reward. I could derail this thread onto the relationship of these financial gifts with the stimulus checks, but I will hold the line there as our patient and truly selfless moderators (God Bless ‘Em!) have already dinged me once for being too political, so I better quit while I’m behind;)

.......snip........ I could derail this thread onto the relationship of these financial gifts with the stimulus checks, but I will hold the line there as our patient and truly selfless moderators (God Bless ‘Em!) have already dinged me once for being too political, so I better quit while I’m behind;)

I thought Babar was an elephant, not a little chicken.................../sarcasm :stirpot:

Well the article I read also highlighted that she had over 780k TikTok "fans" and over 696k Instagram "fans" who she had to involve in her drama, so you can imagine within that group there's at least a few suckers who are simple enough to convince to part with their cash with her urgent emotional plea. A Beverly Hills plastic surgeon who's a glue removal pro! Maybe she can stop by Gwyneth's Goop shop while there and get some healing crystals and calming cooch-scented candles (yes, that's a real thing from that huckster actress/"activist"). Actually, just checked Go Fund Me moments ago: She's up to $17,781 (think that's after GFM takes their %) from 1100 sympathetic idiots.

But it's all about the looooove!!!
View attachment 450150

This just hit home with me. With all those "followers", she's actually an internet entertainer. Now if I was a violinist, I perhaps could be as well. But she doesn't need an instrument; she's playing her "follwers" like a fiddle. Gets a nice trip to Beverly Hills (probably in First Class), pampered the whole "poor baby" way... I just threw up in my mouth a little.

(Catching up, I see Babar posted something along the same lines)

FWIW, ”BABAR” was intended to mean “Born Again Born Again Rocketeer”

but a dancing pink elephant is actually okay with me!:dancingelephant:

i could do worse....:barf:

FWIW, ”BABAR” was intended to mean “Born Again Born Again Rocketeer”

but a dancing pink elephant is actually okay with me!:dancingelephant:

i could do worse....:barf:

I, too, was thinking of the elephant. Wondering "Where's Celeste?"

I can't be the only one that's intentionally (and carefully) done this?

You're definitely not alone. I've been known to iron white Elmer's glue into cargo pocket pleats that didn't have enough starch as I was heading out the door to uniform inspections.

I mean the whole "drink bleach" is so wrong on so many levels. FIrst, everyone just assumes he meant BLEACH when there are MANY other disinfectants out there. Second, he said INJECT not DRINK. So the Twitter mob go that wrong too. Third, as I've already pointed out bleach is used a lot more places that you realize and EVERYONE has already drank (albeit very diluted) bleach.

If you say "TRUMP SAID DRINK BLEACH" you are making yourself look just as ignorant as DJT. Instead why not just quote exactly what he said to make your point? It would be every bit as effective. Duh.

But hey, if you want to make yourself look stupid feel free to continue to misquote the former prez...you do you.

I mean the whole "drink bleach" is so wrong on so many levels. FIrst, everyone just assumes he meant BLEACH when there are MANY other disinfectants out there. Second, he said INJECT not DRINK. So the Twitter mob go that wrong too. Third, as I've already pointed out bleach is used a lot more places that you realize and EVERYONE has already drank (albeit very diluted) bleach.

If you say "TRUMP SAID DRINK BLEACH" you are making yourself look just as ignorant as DJT. Instead why not just quote exactly what he said to make your point? It would be every bit as effective. Duh.

But hey, if you want to make yourself look stupid feel free to continue to misquote the former prez...you do you.
Having a bad day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back