Vendors in decline?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Word of friendly advice... apply again on your own before you go to one of those SSI lawyers...

My Dad became handicapped about a decade ago well before retirement age due to health problems related to post-polio syndrome... he was in extreme pain and couldn't think clearly to work, was making mistakes and would have led to him getting fired... he was already going to a fistful of doctors and they couldn't even figure out what was wrong with him-- had him on a bunch of meds, most of which did little good. He applied for SSI and was denied (they usually deny virtually all claims the first time) and then reapplied and was accepted.

Those SSI lawyers on TV all the time (and the ones that aren't) typically will get anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 your SSI benefits forever and the disability is already pretty slim as it is, meaning you live on a pittance while the shyster lawyer is raking in thousands a month from his share of all his "clients" benefits... There really aught to be a law against that sort of thing... I don't have a problem with a lawyer making a decent fee for his services-- that's only right-- but getting that big a share of folks' with problems benefits in perpetuity for a ONE TIME service (handling the case and hearing to get the benefits) is ridiculous... How those guys sleep at night knowing they're getting a third or more of some poor guy or girl's benefits while they're living hand to mouth is beyond me...

Anyway, best of luck to you and hope it works out...

Later! OL JR :)

25% or $6,000 maximum from the retro payment is the fee for this. I think that limit is set by Congress, I don't know that what you describe is allowed anymore. Mine starts from 2010 from that job in Colorado.

25% or $6,000 maximum from the retro payment is the fee for this. I think that limit is set by Congress, I don't know that what you describe is allowed anymore. Mine starts from 2010 from that job in Colorado.

Oh, ok...

I'm not a lawyer, but I play one on tv... LOL:)

Good luck... it's the gubmint, so of course it's going to be a PITA...
Later! OL JR :)

Only the strong survive. GM ditched Pontiac. Ford ditched mercury. No more Plymouth. Used to be a bunch of Airlines... Now you have Walmart. The big get bigger.

While their online store vanished after a hack, I strongly recommend a visit to the Pima Air Museum and the Titan Missile Museum when in Tucson, AZ. The Pima gift shop has my favorite "cats in spacesuits" products. The wholesales page at https://printsoftails.com seems to have issues, but you can see an example on my TRF home page.

And then there's this https://catsinspacesuits.tumblr.com

Thank you! This may sound crazy, but I was JUST talking about how I needed more pictures of cat's in space suits. LOL. For my first foray into scratch built rockets I wanted to theme them as my cat Stimpy's attempt at world domination. He'll start small with the goal of eventually building a SLS-like rocket (Stimpsonian Launch System). I need a logo for his yet to be named space agency.

It can be frustrating as lower sales slow down kit releases and reduced kit releases slow down sales. The proverbial "vicious circle", as it were.

I understand the vicious circle. Part of breaking this circle is the need for new items. I already have most of the rocket types that I enjoy by Fliskits, so I am not in a position to buy more until more new kits are available - sorry.

However I would (and do) recommend Fliskits to others....

Latest posts

Back