Van Sickle Paint?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcderek

Free Flight Rocketeer
Reaction score
Has anyone used Van Sickle Super Premium rattle cans? It comes in a few cool colors.

PcWVQ9Rl.jpg

It’s been about 20years ago, but at that time it was really good paint. I was restoring a barn find ‘72 Triumph T100R Daytona. Painted the frame and other bracket bits with it. Powder coating wasn’t in the budget. Held up well. It’s a slow drying enamel so don’t put it on too thick.

A good number of my rockets have painted with it! Good quality pant, or at least it was. Not so sure these days one way or another. All I'm positive about is the spray button changed and that just made me edgy. I did my nike apache in all Van Sickle. I really like the clear they sell.
Ken

Just noticed my Cal Ranch doesn't sell VanSickle anymore 😕

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback. They have cool shades of yellow, red, and orange. Makes sense since they match the various tractor manufacturers paint schemes.

I decided to give the paint a try. I went with Gloss Kubota Orange #2!

RwSwRd8l.jpg

The can says it resists rust. Great for those rainy day launches!☔ 😁

When I first started building rockets Krylon was excellent paint.

Where do you buy the VanSickle?

I found it at Spence Hardware and Supply here in Moscow, ID. They are a True Value store. I've haven't seen VanSickle anywhere else.

Latest posts

Back