Fav rattle can paint.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My most recent little paint work was with a new can of ACE Hardware gloss black. After putting a couple of coats on a plastic nose cone I thought it came out with more gloss than I've ever gotten from Rustoleum. This photo shows the gloss on the BT-60 nose cone compared the less glossy black on the body tube that came from an old can of paint I had in my garage, maybe Walmart paint.
DSC_0042r.jpg

This photo could compare the gloss of Rustoleum orange with ACE Hardware black on a BT-55 tube.
DSC_0040r.jpg

My most recent little paint work was with a new can of ACE Hardware gloss black. After putting a couple of coats on a plastic nose cone I thought it came out with more gloss than I've ever gotten from Rustoleum. This photo shows the gloss on the BT-60 nose cone compared the less glossy black on the body tube that came from an old can of paint I had in my garage, maybe Walmart paint.

This photo could compare the gloss of Rustoleum orange with ACE Hardware black on a BT-55 tube.
View attachment 581178

How long did you wait between the Rusto and Ace black? I have a can of Rusto Golden Sunset that I'll be using Ace black over.

Also, since I'm asking about Ace, has anyone had issues mixing the rust-stop equipment line from Ace with the normal enamels? Some of the equipment colors are more interesting.

Back