Upscale kit ideas

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The blackhawk I have started to figure out how to make everything work, just have not had time to get back at it. Not giving up on that one yet.

You make it, and I will buy one. Thanks.
Me too!

Also if the Blackhawk or Buck Rogers starfighter is too difficult (which is understandable) how about an upscale Strikefighter?

291584-67cfe56c7c11cf2c87914db3ad0a318d.data

😍

Since as I recall you're working on a 3:1 4" cone, why not a 4" Doorknob or Big Daddy? Edit: just went back and looked at your post from a couple of weeks ago and see you explicitly mentioned it was an upscale Big Daddy cone, so I guess that means this idea had already occurred to you. :D

(Man I'm getting forgetful in my old age.)

Last edited:
It would be awesome if you could make a 2.6" dia. Estes Astron Trident!
Like this? The big one is only 2.25", so a 2.6" would be slightly bigger. Top one is the "standard size". Bottom is a Goony version. For the big one, I built it so I could separate it into 2 pieces to fit my vehicle with couplers mid length of the ducting tubes and screws to hold it together for flight....

NOTES: The big one was from US Rockets. With the passing of Jerry Irvine it is no longer available
Plus I tried to insert a link to my build thread. It would appear to insert properly, until I saved the reply. Then the link converted to plain text. Sorry..........

1699711109673.png

Last edited:
Since as I recall you're working on a 3:1 4" cone, why not a 4" Doorknob or Big Daddy? Edit: just went back and looked at your post from a couple of weeks ago and see you explicitly mentioned it was an upscale Big Daddy cone, so I guess that means this idea had already occurred to you. :D

(Man I'm getting forgetful in my old age.)
The Big Daddy would be easily done.

I have it all designed. If there is enough interest, I will put at the top of list to kit it.
I probably wouldn't buy the kit since the scratch-build upscale I have in mind would be built considerably differently from most kits, but I'm down for a couple of nosecones once you have them in production.

Awesome!! This makes my day!
I searched for a couple of hours last night for a BT80 conical nose cone, and I can't find it; any suggestions for a replacement? I was coating it and another one in sealer, and I put them somewhere, lol. I thought I ordered it from BMS, but if I did, they're out of stock. Is the owner of BMS a member here?
I can make BT80 nose cones out of balsa. PM me

Me too!

Also if the Blackhawk or Buck Rogers starfighter is too difficult (which is understandable) how about an upscale Strikefighter?

291584-67cfe56c7c11cf2c87914db3ad0a318d.data

😍

Do you have a 3-view or some part pictures for this?

I need another winged rocket like I need a hole in the head, but.......

Back