4" Nova upscale parts kit Limited run

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DragonRocketry

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Nova parts kit

Okay I have been asked multi time about doing an upscale of the Red Nova, so here is what I will do. I will do a 4” dia parts kit of the Nova. This will be a one-time run and will be pre order only. I will keep the pre order page open for one week. Once the page is closed I will get everything ready to start putting the boxes together. Boxes will start shipping 14 days or sooner (this will depend on the quantity of orders) from the day the page is closed. There will be no extra kits and will not be a stocked item.

This will close 7/26/2023

4" Nova link

Kit will include body tubes, motor tube, coupler, nose cone, fins, centering rings, rail buttons, retainer and hardware. No Decals

4” dia, 53.4” tall, 38mm motor mount, single deployment.

4in Estes Red Nova (7266).jpg

Will the nose be limited run too? I probably will not be getting one of these in the time frame it is for sale, because I have a lot of other builds going on right now... I may want to just use the nose to do a scratch build later...

Will the nose be limited run too? I probably will not be getting one of these in the time frame it is for sale, because I have a lot of other builds going on right now... I may want to just use the nose to do a scratch build later...
It will be available for a while.

Man I’m glad I didn’t miss this!
I love the Estes Red Nova and people know I love to upscale Estes kits!
IMG_5249.jpeg

Just placed my order now!!
-Kris

All kits that have been ordered shipped out today. only 2 more days to get your order in.

This could be made into a 2 stage with a little work. It is split right behind the forward fins.

Hypothetical rocksim file for a 4 in Red Nova

Attachments

• 4 Inch Estes Red Nova # 7266.rkt
    97 KB · Views: 0
Fair enough. Would you consider the values in the hypothetical rocksim file for a 4 inch Red Nova valid?

I will be closing the order link when I get home today (that should be around 8pm est). So if you want one, get that order in before then.

I have wanted a 4 inch Red Nova forever. But I can tell you if my rocksim file is anywhere near correct, you're going to need a 54 mm engine mount and through the wall forward fins for it to fly well as a single stage model. For starters my hypothetical rocksim file was a proportional scale up an an Estes Red Nova's body tube and I came out with a length of 53.1 inches, almosr exactly what you're offering. Just saying. Personally I have the 4.0 inch scaled up nose cone being created for me on Thingverse so I guess I'll pass. You might check your figures, and I'll admit that all my numbers were mere proportions of the Estes Red Nova scaled up to a 4 inch body tube.

"The computer told me not to do it" has got to be the saddest reason ever for not doing something you enjoy.
Well, if you're referring to my post, the "computer" being a file called rocksim is only as accurate as the information going in. I clearly stated that the rocksim file I posted was created with lengths and weights proportionally created by upscaling the numbers associated with the current Estes Nova. How accurate is it? Well, the rocksim lenght is pretty darn close to the kit length. Is the weight the same? I dunno and I stated such. If the figures are accurate in that hypothetical rocksim file, you'll need at least a 38 MM "I" motor. And I still think you need to construct those forward fins as through the wall fins. Experiences as having an NAR number less than 12,000 tell me that. The computer didn't tell me not to do. The computer told me to take a closer and critical look at what was being offered and then comment on it.

Back