Things you want the government to subsidize or stop subsidizing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might have been a thing to say around World War I. I'm not certain if that was appropriate even back then.
An utterly clueless thing to say in the 21st century, where US economy, trade, and security are dependent on events transpiring all around the world in the most direct way possible.
There is very little of impact or strategic importance to the US that is happening within 500 miles of our borders these days.

Are we subsidizing others, or are others subsidizing us?
By supporting US policies and initiatives, and acting as our force and values multiplier around the world !

a
We are subsidizing others... and in most cases, most of the "coalition" organizations. Thats clearly factual and easy to look if with a quick google search... or heck, just turn on the tv. I don't care about acting as a force multiplier hence my comment about ending us being seen as the "world police." Absolutely unnecessary. If it's on our borders, worry about it. If not, let the countries involved handle it. All we are seen as is an ATM and munitions producing machine.

Do you believe absent a force able to ... "ect, ect, ect...."
Yes.

It's the "human condition". It's been proven over and over again.

While you cleverly put "you" in the question, that is not the concern. The concern is what others would do. You only have control over yourself, not others.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled post, besides over regulation and EVs, I think I would add government's ability to use unilateral "Public Health Emergency " to the list.

We are subsidizing others... and in most cases, most of the "coalition" organizations.

Care to elaborate?
Subsidizing how?

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence.
I'm all ears.
1709311602624.png

Thats clearly factual and easy to look if with a quick google search... or heck, just turn on the tv.

Sorry, but that's all mostly emotional fluff.
Got any legitimate actual sources or publications you care to reference?

I don't care about acting as a force multiplier hence my comment about ending us being seen as the "world police." Absolutely unnecessary. If it's on our borders, worry about it. If not, let the countries involved handle it.

You keep using pejorative terms to describe US foreign policy. They lack any factual meaning, and only serve to distract from meaningful debate.

The idea that the US interests end at our borders is primitive, outdated, and totally wrong. As I mentioned earlier, US economy, trade, and security are dependent on events transpiring all around the world in the most direct way possible.
We have friendly nations on both Southern and Northern US borders. How many nights do you spend worrying about Canada? Mexico? Really?

All we are seen as is an ATM and munitions producing machine.

That, actually, makes us record amounts of money.
Both FMS (Foreign Military Sales) and DCS (Direct Commercial Sales) did extraordinarily well in 2023.
Got something against that?

https://www.state.gov/fiscal-year-2023-u-s-arms-transfers-and-defense-trade/
https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/us-arms-exports-hit-record-high-fiscal-2023-2024-01-29/#:~:text=WASHINGTON, Jan 29 (Reuters),and prepare for major conflicts.

Care to elaborate?
Subsidizing how?

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence.
I'm all ears.
View attachment 633385

Sorry, but that's all mostly emotional fluff.
Got any legitimate actual sources or publications you care to reference?

You keep using pejorative terms to describe US foreign policy. They lack any factual meaning, and only serve to distract from meaningful debate.

The idea that the US interests end at our borders is primitive, outdated, and totally wrong. As I mentioned earlier, US economy, trade, and security are dependent on events transpiring all around the world in the most direct way possible.
We have friendly nations on both Southern and Northern US borders. How many nights do you spend worrying about Canada? Mexico? Really?

That, actually, makes us record amounts of money.
Both FMS (Foreign Military Sales) and DCS (Direct Commercial Sales) did extraordinarily well in 2023.
Got something against that?

https://www.state.gov/fiscal-year-2023-u-s-arms-transfers-and-defense-trade/
https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/us-arms-exports-hit-record-high-fiscal-2023-2024-01-29/#:~:text=WASHINGTON, Jan 29 (Reuters),and prepare for major conflicts.
Thanks for the chuckle. As stated in my post, feel free to google your extraordinary evidence. It’s beyond easy to locate and/or in the news pretty regularly. Here is a demonstration of how user friendly google search is: US Participation in Nato Funding (i.e. subsidizing). Good luck in your research! I’d say research our funding of Ukraine next or perhaps the US deficit… but yeah… never mind. I’m out!

IMG_3440.png

Last edited:
The dirty little secret is the powers that be like the NATO funding unbalance just the way it is. The very last thing they want is a significant non-US military industry growing in Europe.

Back