Suggestive Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many years ago I took a girlfriend to fly a rocket. When I came back from recovering one, she was holding an Alpha in a particular position and said "Now I understand guys' obsessions with rockets."

My girlfriend did the same thing, but it wasn't an Alpha --- it was a Mean Machine.

Same basic idea, but just a matter of what a girl is used to, I suppose. :grin:

I was freehand turning a nose cone for a BT60 and it came out looking kinda like a mushroom cap. The resulting rocket I dubbed as "Big Jim and the Triplets" was to say the least in bad taste and not at all family friendly. I tried to soften the look by putting a smilely face on it and renaming it "Mr Happy" but that really wasn't any better. I finally repainted it gloss black and called it the "Vader". It was a nice flying rocket as I recall though it tended to weathercock.

Was that the one you lost in the bush?

A couple of years back I had brought a mega Goony that I was working on into work with me. I had been gluing the wheels on a Zoom Broom and had it sitting on my desk on its "wheels" with the nose cone in place. To me it looked like a rocket. A lady from one of the other departments stopped in to ask me a question, took one look at the BT-80 tube and cone with two rounded things hanging off the bottom and completely crashed, eyes bugging, sputtering, choking and turning red. Apparently the partially finished rocket looked like something else to those outside the rocket community. No idea what she had come into my office for in the first place. She just left laughing, and for the rest of the week she'd make it a point to carefully check my desk before she came into my office.

Lol...funny thread. When I built an upscale Estes Cluster Bomb, someone said it reminded him of Janet Jackson's infamous wardrobe malfunction. I've been tempted to change it to a more anatomically correct paint scheme.

Then to change directions...someone built an oddroc for an EMRR contest named the Monthly Missile...complete with absorbant cotton recovery.

A couple of years back I had brought a mega Goony that I was working on into work with me. I had been gluing the wheels on a Zoom Broom and had it sitting on my desk on its "wheels" with the nose cone in place. To me it looked like a rocket. A lady from one of the other departments stopped in to ask me a question, took one look at the BT-80 tube and cone with two rounded things hanging off the bottom and completely crashed, eyes bugging, sputtering, choking and turning red. Apparently the partially finished rocket looked like something else to those outside the rocket community. No idea what she had come into my office for in the first place. She just left laughing, and for the rest of the week she'd make it a point to carefully check my desk before she came into my office.

She could have been a real witch about and asked to ride your zoom broom.

Lol...funny thread. When I built an upscale Estes Cluster Bomb, someone said it reminded him of Janet Jackson's infamous wardrobe malfunction. I've been tempted to change it to a more anatomically correct paint scheme.

maybe for recovery, it could float down suspended from a giant pastie.

Chris is quite proud of that little rocket.

'Course, mine is bigger.

Hmmm .. I just thought of an appropriate one-word caption for that last photo.

-- Roger

One advantage to the little one is that it can recover quickly and be launched repeatedly.

On the other hand, there's only a 4-second delay between thrust and ejection.

Last edited:
ALL my rockets are sex toys.....

Sorry for stepping really close to the line.

I used to attend a launch, where the RSO was 200% gungho. about everything it used to drive me nuts.. "RSO it and let it fly" but NO.. 20 mins to inspect a snap together estes rocket... EVERY TIME IT WOULD FLY..

so to give him a hard time we make an Upscaled "phallic" rocket. painted lifelike hair etc. why?? just so I could hand it to him and see what excuses he could come up with when he RSO'd it.. :jaw: I'll never forget the look on his face when I handed it to him...

I only wish I could have figured out a way to use a "trojan" as a parachute.. LOL

Sorry for stepping really close to the line.

I used to attend a launch, where the RSO was 200% gungho. about everything it used to drive me nuts.. "RSO it and let it fly" but NO.. 20 mins to inspect a snap together estes rocket... EVERY TIME IT WOULD FLY..

so to give him a hard time we make an Upscaled "phallic" rocket. painted lifelike hair etc. why?? just so I could hand it to him and see what excuses he could come up with when he RSO'd it.. :jaw: I'll never forget the look on his face when I handed it to him...

I only wish I could have figured out a way to use a "trojan" as a parachute.. LOL

And was it the condom idea that first got you interested in vinyl wraps?

Last edited:
This is the watering hole . So guess anything goes . Unless you put an add on the posts . Then that would be disappointing. With the list of other disappointing things .

Back