Good ol’ boy from Arkansas

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jongoff09

Reaction score
Like many, I started in rocketry in elementary school, but got away from it as I got older. Now married, I like to find hobbies that I think my wife would enjoy with me and rocketry has become one. I found out that Little Rock has a rocketry club so I took her to one of the launches and she loved the idea of getting our own for the next launch. That was at the end of last summer and over the weekend we launched our first two-stage after several months of launching single stage rockets.

I never did a multi-stage rocket as a kid, but I always wanted to. I picked up a Boosted Bertha for us to build together and I let her control the decorating. We launched the all purple colored Bertha Saturday afternoon at the monthly club launch. Someone here said the bug hits harder the 2nd time around and I might be finding that to be true..

Attachments

• IMG_4194.jpeg
    IMG_4194.jpeg
    774.1 KB · Views: 0
Welcome to the forum! That's awesome your significant other is involved! Electronics have come down in price a lot. Cameras and altimeters make rockets even funner! Good luck on your projects!

Like many, I started in rocketry in elementary school, but got away from it as I got older. Now married, I like to find hobbies that I think my wife would enjoy with me and rocketry has become one. I found out that Little Rock has a rocketry club so I took her to one of the launches and she loved the idea of getting our own for the next launch. That was at the end of last summer and over the weekend we launched our first two-stage after several months of launching single stage rockets.

I never did a multi-stage rocket as a kid, but I always wanted to. I picked up a Boosted Bertha for us to build together and I let her control the decorating. We launched the all purple colored Bertha Saturday afternoon at the monthly club launch. Someone here said the bug hits harder the 2nd time around and I might be finding that to be true..
It bites deeper the second time. And doesn't let go. BAR for 30+ years now.

Back