Hi from a new forum member from Chicago

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttanis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Terry and I'm a new forum member from Chicago. I'm a long-time rocketry enthusiast, stretching back about 40 years when I was a kid flying small Estes rockets. My older brothers and I flew some early LOC/Precision rockets during my teens. About 30 years later, I got the bug to build and fly again, starting with a variety of Estes LPR models, and moving into a Saturn V MPR from Apogee, which I built and flew a couple years back on a G79. Since then, I've been mainly interested in HPR, and achieved my Level 1 and 2 HPR certs through Tripoli. My brother and I attended a couple of the large national launches (LDRS and AirFest in Argonia) this year, flying HPR models from LOC (a modified/stretched MinieMagg) and Apogee (Zephyr).

While I enjoy flying rockets and attending launches, my main interest lies in the building and finishing aspects of the hobby. I really like the model building as it gets me away from the computer, creating something with my hands that requires a good level of precision, care, and skill.

I've used this forum a number of times as a technical reference and to get input on various topics that I couldn't find elsewhere (including the main books on HPR). I'm happy this forum exists and the information I've found on it has been very valuable in improving my own skills.

Thanks for having me as a member.

Back